Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have seen this many times online and in catalogs. But in person/ mounted to a Monster it has a pretty nice look. All it needs is a small LED for the plate light so you can ditch the lower metal plate and big A$$ light. Here is what the catalogs show you.

I think I might get this until I grow a big enough set to chop my tail.

·
Registered
413 Posts
hrm whats the price of this thing?
I ordered one from Spareshack---The price was $200 without shipping--Apparently, they are currently out of stock and have a long waiting list... :(

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I saw one mounted on a bike at the IMS and it looked excellent. BIG improvement over the stock setup. Nice. ;D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Any shots of the entire bike with this mod? Kinda hard to see how it all balances out.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sign on the bike said they are $153 USD. I think I will order one this week. As for pictures, the place was packed. I was lucky to get teh close ups.

·
Premium Member
2,051 Posts
I like that guard too. It's really grown on me I was going to chop the tail the day I got my S4R but I saw a chopped one and the rear end doesn't seem to flow right with the stock pipes/chopped tail/tire. I'll buy this CF guard.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There are two similar products shown at http://www.azsbk.com/ducati-monster.html
but I've never dealt with azsbk and don't know whether they actually stock either unit.
Neither one of them on that page are the smae as what I posted. The part number is on the picture. Make sure what ever you order has the same number.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I likes that..May need to get me one of those....VTM

·
Registered
413 Posts
The sign on the bike said they are $153 USD. I think I will order one this week. As for pictures, the place was packed. I was lucky to get teh close ups.
RaceDay--Please let us know as soon as you order it. Like I said, I paid $200 to Spareshack just to get on the waiting list for one. If I can get it cheaper and quicker, then I'd like to know.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am off to the shop now. I will get a price and availability asap.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, the part is not available here for now. And the price I got made me want to send Stuart my money too. Keep your order at Spareschack. I doubt you will do better. I bought the CF radiator covers instead. I find the S4R/S4 radiator to look a bit unfinished. These parts really complete the look.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
check the postings under "Monster Abbreviated Carbon Tail". I got this piece from Stuart at Spareshack ($201) and mounted it along with the DP billet turning indicators. Very nice pieces, and pix are posted on the link given under that thread. Geocities will not allow a direct link, so you have to type in the address into a new browser window. I was not able to find this piece at any shop in the US, and Stuart had to get it for me from Ducati. Shipping took less than 1 week from the UK. Be careful when you install this piece. First off, the wiring harness for the tail light/brake light/turning indicators was too thick to make the pieces go together right, so I have to make a groove in on of the metal plates to make it sit right (when you line up the pieces you will see what I mean). Also, DO NOT torque down on the nuts holding the pieces together. The bolts on the carbon piece are simply glued on, and pop off quite readily if too much force is used.

The DP billet turning indicators use 5W bulbs which are too dim. I would not get these unless you planned on installing new bulbs sockets for 10W bulbs (10W is stock) into the housings. If you use the 5W, like I said, they are dim, and if you want to make them blink at the same intervals as stock, you will have to add a resistor (sold by Stuart and made by Rizoma) to accomplish this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts