Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking of buying a pair of DP cdi units for my M900.Are they worth the price ? I already have an open exhaust with large diameter headers and Dynojet stg 2. Keihin Fcr`s are soon to be ordered. Anyone in here tried those cdi units??? If they really advance the ignition then they must be a good thing......They are called variable-advance control units in the Ducati Performance catalogue.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Based on everything I've heard about them from others, the DP units are only good when your OEM parts fail and you need replacements. You can buy TWO DP parts for the price of one OEM from Ducati.

:) Chris

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW, the pair I installed on my '97 M900 (H-C pistons, 39 mm FCR's, FbF slip-ons) not only made the bike run noticeably rough, but also--in back-to-back dyno runs--reduced the HP.

M

·
0 Posts
I was all set to buy them a year ago and was told by GoldCoast Motorsports that if my stockers were good to leave them alone, they didn't want to go into detail, but led me to believe the DP ones could be problematic.

But if you want to "take one for the team" and try them and report back to the board here, I'd be interested in hearing your feedback

1 - 4 of 4 Posts