Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I'd post how happy I am with the DP carbon pipes/racing ecu/ and new air filter I had fitted on my 696 last week. The bike runs cooler and the carbon slip-ons, while hot, aren't that hot that you can't leave your hand on them after a ride.

In my opinion the bike now sounds great and it feels like it has a much smoother throttle response. The carbon cans are also heaps lighter than the stock pipes. More power just like the catalogue says too.

It feels like a new bike.

;D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Did your exhaust come with instructions? I just got my termi's in the mail today, and there was absolutely no paperwork in it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Exhaust instructions

Unfortunately most exhaust kits do not come with any instructions. I do have a set of instructions here if you still need them. Give me a call and I can scan them and e-mail them ( I have to keep them because these are the only ones we have).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Unfortunately most exhaust kits do not come with any instructions. I do have a set of instructions here if you still need them. Give me a call and I can scan them and e-mail them ( I have to keep them because these are the only ones we have).
Could you email them to [email protected]?

I really appreciate it!

Edit: Just wanted to add that this is for the 696.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glad you're all sorted. Mine did come with instructions in a bag inside the air cleaner with all the extra nuts and bolts. But my Ducati dealer installed my pipes for free during the first service and lost the instructions. Grrr. Anyway, I read the instructions pretty thoroughly and the one thing I don't think they mentioned was to disconnect the battery before you change over the ECU. My understanding is that this is a good idea so as to reduce the chance on spiking (frying) the ECU.

As soon as I get some clear weather I'll take and post some pics.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hmm, that's interesting. My air filter didn't have anything in it. I had a ziplock bag of the springs, 4 bolts, and 2 washer-looking things wrapped in the exhaust. I hope that's all the nuts and bolts it needs :(

·
Registered
58 Posts
Glad you're all sorted. Mine did come with instructions in a bag inside the air cleaner with all the extra nuts and bolts. But my Ducati dealer installed my pipes for free during the first service and lost the instructions. Grrr. Anyway, I read the instructions pretty thoroughly and the one thing I don't think they mentioned was to disconnect the battery before you change over the ECU. My understanding is that this is a good idea so as to reduce the chance on spiking (frying) the ECU.

As soon as I get some clear weather I'll take and post some pics.
Wow. Your dealer installed them for free?! My dealer wouldn't even install them unless I took the lights and mirrors off and trailer the bike in because they are for "racing use only". then I have to trailer the bike back home. I don't have a trailer so needless to say I wanted to install them myself. I got the pipes on but the ecu and air filter seem to be a tough task.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some dodgy phone pics..

Lets see if I can get this to work?

White 2010 696 with:
Amaranto (Red) Glossy colour therapy kit
DP Monster touring seat
DP Carbon racing exhaust system kit
Evotech fender eliminator
RegoProTube Rego Label Holder

Let me know what you think.
Cheers

·
Registered
203 Posts
redmonster...

What is that under the license plate?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Lets see if I can get this to work?

White 2010 696 with:
Amaranto (Red) Glossy colour therapy kit
DP Monster touring seat
DP Carbon racing exhaust system kit
Evotech fender eliminator
RegoProTube Rego Label Holder

Let me know what you think.
Cheers
How long did it take you to install the ecu and air filter? Was it hard?

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's a smoke generator to make a quick get-away.

Jeeez, haven't you ever seen a James Bond movie???
Is that electric or mechanical?...Can the 696 battery even generate enough power to make smoke?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys

I like the idea of smoke screen cannister. Even a holographic number plate changer for when I go past speed cameras. Alas, it is just a registration label holder. We get a rego label every year that has to be displayed on the bike. And as it is an ugly rectangle that takes up space you can get these tubes that hold it rolled up. You just spin the tube to read the details.

m696jon

My dealer installed them for free as I bought the bike and exhausts at the same time. So when I had the first service done they were installed. I read through the instructions pretty thoroughly and it all looked fairly straight forward although I don't remember reading anything about disconnecting the battery before changing the ECU? Which I thought was a good idea to reduce the risk of "spiking" the new one?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Question for you all. Do the stock brackets get reused on the Termi exhaust? The reason I ask is, it's frickin freezing here so I'm taking some parts off to take and get powder coated. I figured if they use the same exhaust brackets I can take them off and get them powder coated, so I don't have to worry about that when I do get my exhaust.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I know the Quat-D reuses the stock hangers, and the Termi's appear to also. I definitely want to powdercoat mine. I just want to make sure when I do they match exactly to the swingarm.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts