Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw an ad on ebay re ducati performance front fairing, it says will fit year model up to 1999, i hav a 2001 m900sie , will it fit this bike? i also saw an ad for a ducati original front fairing, it looks different from the dp, will it also fit my bike? in your opinion, whats better looking , the dp or the original? thanks

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
stef_pen said:
i saw an ad on ebay re ducati performance front fairing, it says will fit year model up to 1999, i hav a 2001 m900sie , will it fit this bike? i also saw an ad for a ducati original front fairing, it looks different from the dp, will it also fit my bike? in your opinion, whats better looking , the dp or the original? thanks
Without seeing pics of the fairing you are talking about, this is the best I have....

Take a look at your top triple, just in front of where the forks exits. If you have a threaded hole there, then the fairing will work. But you will probably need the black plastic turnsignal mounts that the 1999 uses for the upper fairing bolt to mount. Or you could make "L-shaped" brackets. Have a look at the pic of the triple below. Sorry, but no pics of the plastic signal mounts.

Can you post the ebay link, or pic of the fairing?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Providing you can make the "L-brackets"(it's really pretty easy), then that fairing will work. Or, post up in WTB for the signal brackets I'm sure someone has a pair collecting dust.

And no, you won't have to move the turnsignals. You might have to trim the CF a little with a dremel tool(use a MASK!) to clear the turnsignals, but other than that you will be in good shape. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
271 Posts
I had this fairing on my bike. I fabricated a couple of L brackets out of aluminum strip bent just over 90 degrees, not too tough. You do have to lean the fairing more forward than on the earlier bikes to clear the larger instrument cluster, but I actually liked the look.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.