Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay--it's the dumbest question we'll have on the boards all day, but I bought the bike used with the DP airbox kit, and didn't realize that the element is also labeled Ducati Performance.

I've searched high and low & can't find any info on it--is it a washable/oiled element like a K&N?

TIA,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
no ? ? I have one and i thought it was a washable one? Are you sure? ? It looks like washable to me.

:eek:

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
the stock duc filter is a paper element, but i thought that the DP unit was a k&n knockoff.

is it big pleats of yellow papery material, or some sort of clotch covered with a metal screen?

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I have to assume it's a K&N knock-off, or why go to the trouble of selling it as an A/M part and labeling it DP. If it's just another paper element then it's not going to flow any better than stock (same size, surface area from the look of it.

I'll pull it out and give it a better look in the light. I was just surprised to find it to be honest--I assumed it was just a DP topless lid and a stock filter...

--Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.