Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I had a hard run in with car last night, pulled in front of me and braked, I swerved but my left knee collected the right rear of the car bloody hard, and possibly my clutch lever hit part of the car because it is snapped,yet I laid the bike down after stopping and may have done it then. anyway after some medical attention and rest i rode home.
Problem is that I am having trouble downshifting, there is too much travel in the gear lever. neutral to 1st is the biggest problem, travel is so great that I am now hitting the stand, this was not a problem before. Also Upshifting is fine and travel is normal.
I figure that I must of had my foot on the lever and the impact of my leg pushed down hard on the lever and may have snapped something inside, Any ideas?...Also I am wanting to take cover off too take a look, but is there anything I should know or do before doing so.

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
It could be in the lever itself, but it sounds more like the adjustment on the internal linkage. You need to remove the left side cover to check for the problem and make any adjustment.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
ducpainter said:
It could be in the lever itself, but it sounds more like the adjustment on the internal linkage. You need to remove the left side cover to check for the problem and make any adjustment.
+1, check the clutch engagement rod for bends and/or other problems, but probably inside

drain oil, remove slave cyl/sprocket cover/crank cover, remove all the bolts (remember where they go as there are 3 different lengths), use a left side case tool (or homemade tool) and pop cover off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts