Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ya I decided that im not going to have my current fairings fixed at my body shop (which I recommend if anyone needs any work for car/bike done). Im not doing it because of there work. But because I just dont want to deal with repaired fairings. Instead I won a brand new lower fairing on ebay and should hopefully arrive before the 2nd. I also got a mirror from someone on Ducati.ms. So that just leaves me with the upper and the air fairing.

edit: no get together. to cold.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
edit: how many people would be interested in a cruise/meet together on Saturday (december 2nd) and caravan up to AMS Dallas to check out the new 1098?

add your name in if your interested, I dont think its definate yet so lets see how many would go:

December 2nd DML Gathering:
jamesmccain

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Hey James, that's great to hear you're going to be getting your bike back up and running again soon (it's hard terrorizing the 'hood by myself ya know >:D ) Ebay has come through for me on numerous occasions with various Monster carbon fiber bits, and the occasional piece of riding gear so I bet you'll get it all sorted out soon...

As far as riding down to AMS on Saturday goes, if we leave early enough in the afternoon - like before dark (which is right around 5:30 or so) - I'll meet-up with you on the bike. If it's later than 5:30, I'll drive the car :embarassed: Not real wild about riding around at night.

So when and where do you want to meet?

Lisa

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
What time are you planning to go? I'm planning on going on Saturday but not sure when. Maybe I'll meet some of you there.

cdc
'05 M1000S Black
Termi carbon high pipes
red stripes on wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
I'm definitely going but it may be in the mid to late afternoon. After 6:00pm I'll be riding herd on my 10 year old while Jen goes out with some girlfriends for an annual get together. May even have to go in the car... how embarrassing! If the weather is OK I might bust out a bike. If ya'll meet close to my part of the world I may be able to hook up. Wonder if Jeff will let me sneak a peek of the 1098 before 6:00?

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drewcati 998 said:
So are we not gonna meet up for James' bday and head over?

I'm thinking no, this weather is way out of my league... Its wayyy to cold for me. depending on how cold it is 2morrow, I MAY ride but I'd put my money that im not.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yep, I'm driving. Too cold to ride :-\

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Seriously... Gonna drive the silver bullet. Evening temps in the 30s... Plus, it might be nice to show up some where without helmet hair.

For once.

So, does the 1098 have heated grips? I think it's safe to assume with the under-tail exhaust that it's got an adequate bun-warmer (in the finest Ducati SBK tradition...) [cheeky]

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
n2f said:
Seriously... Gonna drive the silver bullet. Evening temps in the 30s... Plus, it might be nice to show up some where without helmet hair.

For once.

So, does the 1098 have heated grips? I think it's safe to assume with the under-tail exhaust that it's got an adequate bun-warmer (in the finest Ducati SBK tradition...) [cheeky]
I dunno but I have heated hand grips I dont use on my 999.

and I think I'll be taking the car too... gay weather...

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Not that there is any thing wrong with that!!! I'll try to bust a bike out but it will be mid-late afternoon at AMS. Gotta be home by dark. Hey, for anyone else foolish to go by bike, please be careful, Woodall is totally covered in ice-melt sand, it will take weeks for that s**t to get off our roads. At low light or dark you will not see it. All the highway overpasses suck... major skid demon!!! Again, please everyone, watch your behind on those highways and ramps in the dark. See ya'll there!!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The sand here in Fort Worth is all over. I would have tried to ride in the cold but not with this much sand on the road. See you all there.

cdc

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Can't make it - I work every second weekend... So if y'all don't mind, put down a down payment, agree to pay the bike in full over , say, 4 years, and leave it under my Christmas tree? (Red please) Between y'all, it's only a few bucks a month towards an old man's happiness! An' 'sides, if ya already have a 999, ya can afford it!

·
Premium Member
2,369 Posts
Hey, you got it bro! I"ll take care of that for ya! Screw the standard or the "S"... I'm getting you the three color!! Us old guys got to stick together, otherwise who would lead the youngin's into the future!! Besides, I plan on spending all my money on scooters so there will be nothing left for the heirs! Does that make me a bad person? I've been called worse. See ya'll Saturday @ AMS!!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Ducandcover said:
Can't make it - I work every second weekend... So if y'all don't mind, put down a down payment, agree to pay the bike in full over , say, 4 years, and leave it under my Christmas tree? (Red please) Between y'all, it's only a few bucks a month towards an old man's happiness! An' 'sides, if ya already have a 999, ya can afford it!
fastwin said:
Hey, you got it bro! I"ll take care of that for ya! Screw the standard or the "S"... I'm getting you the three color!! Us old guys got to stick together, otherwise who would lead the youngin's into the future!! Besides, I plan on spending all my money on scooters so there will be nothing left for the heirs! Does that make me a bad person? I've been called worse. See ya'll Saturday @ AMS!!

ROFLMAO!

Oh well Ducandcover, if you can't make it down there this time I'm sure AMS will have a few more sittin' around soon enough... (dammit...)

And I don't know if all o'y'all have been followin' any of the press about the track test of this bike in Kaylami (sp?) but let's just say it kicks arse n' takes names. Holy cow, it's one bad ride [thumbsup]

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
P.S. Happy Birthday James [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
Happy Birthday James!

Not ridin in. I rode in yesterday to have my 520 conversion done by Scott (FYI, great job AMS and Scott bending over backwards to make it work in the middle of setup for tonight), and IT WAS COLD!!!

See you all tonight and will fill you in on how long it took me to thaw out! I'm also bringing a good friend who I'd like everyone to meet. He'll be buying his Daytona 675 next Jan or Feb and will be joining our crew. His name is Nick. Please make him feel welcomed (I know it's a stretch for all you folks, especially knowing how I was treated, but please try [laugh]) and congratulate him on buying his ring for his soon to be fiance.

See you all there!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts