Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's not Monster-only, but there are at least 3 Montster owners involved and YOU can be one more!

What am I talking about?

The Double Deuces Motorcycle Club, loosely based in San Diego. As we let SCMHA build some more steam and eventually put together some regular rides/t-shirts/etc., there's a group in San Diego that actually (no!) gets together regularly - i.e., at least every other week if not every week. It's a bit more social (vs. riding) during the week, but the same group probably hooks up every 6 weeks for weekend rides. In addition to the Monsters, there are Guzzis, Aprilias, and even the occasional Norton/BSA/Triumph for old school style!

Typically the group gets together Thursday evenings, and keeps in mind that people work, have kids, don't want to be out late, etc. If you're interested, shoot me an email!

Mark

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mark,

Is this club alive and well still?

I've been out of the country for some time - had to sell my monster, but I'm back now. I just got the green light from the boss to go ahead and start shopping for a new Monster. Will be looking for riding partners asap. Thanks!

·
Registered
658 Posts
Mark, what part of SD do you guys meet in? I.E. South? North? I'd love to hook up with you guys.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow - a post from 2003 gets resurrected.  I'm not sure I've ever seen that before :)

The DD's have kind of fallen by the wayside (despite having t-shirts and a decent core group).  However, with the weather warming up there may be a chance to breathe some life back into things.

A bunch of the guys live south - near State.  I live in San Marcos, one guy lives in Leucadia, a couple other guys live in North County as well.

I have barely ridden in the past three months at all, and haven't been on the Monster since Christmas Eve day.  That said, I'm jonesing to get out and start riding again.

Mark

·
Registered
150 Posts
well get on down here kick your bro in the ass and lets have some fun

·
Registered
658 Posts
Yeah, you know, us SD cats need to organize and get something going. I'd love to attend the LA bike nights and all, but damn that is just too far to ride on a Wednesday! What do you guys think? We need to find a good meeting place first off. I doubt it would only be a Monster club. I'd say it would have to be Ducs only, or Euro only or something along those lines. My buddy has a 916 so I'm sure he'd be down. What do you guys say?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Soon as I get my replacement license plate, I'll be back in the game. I've been sort of "distracted" since I traded my truck in on a 2003 VW GTI 1.8T with 6,000 miles on the clock. I got my shorty "Stratified" pipes in the mail today so I'll be getting those installed along with an open filter. If we want to get some kind of San Diego club going, we need to ride out sometime and find a good meeting spot. To tell you the truth, I'm not real sure of any good spots. We could always go find a big a$$ parking lot and go hang out, but that gets kind of boring after a while. Idea's anyone?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm a new Monster S2R owner   [thumbsup]  and would definitely be up for some kind of get-together or some riding. Keep us posted.

Mike

·
Registered
658 Posts
Ok, well let me ask everyone this. What is everyone's schedule like? Would it be better to ride out on a Saturday morning somewhere? Or at night? Would a weekday be better? I know I can't do a weekday. I work at night. So it would have to be Saturday or Sunday for me to be able to make it. Second question is where? What do you guys want to do? Meet up and ride? Meet up, hang out, then ride. Meet up, and hang out? I've got two buddies that ride ducs, one has a 916, and the other has an 851, so I know they'd be down.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow, that's crazy--Frankensteining a post from back in '03...

Actually, the DDMC is still totally alive and well.  We used to be an all-inclusive club (anyone could come any time), but we decided to close it to a core group of members who could commit to being part of the club and coming out regularly.  We had too many people who would email to get on the secret list and then never show up to events.  So we went to a sponsorship style of gaining new members.

But maybe the mood is right to open up membership in the DDMC again.  If we add new members, we can do a whole new run of shirts and whatnot.  I've kind of had my eye on a shoulder patch.  ::) 

As far as who are the DDMC, it's not that big of a group.  We're just friends who ride together.  If you like us, and we like you, you're in.  That's it. 

We don't care what kind of Euro bike you ride.  We don't care what you look like or what kind of music you listen to.  (so long as you groove on Zamphir, Master of the Pan Flute)  :-* 

As far as Monsters go, everybody in the group has one.  I was the last hold-out until I bought Terik's 900S over the weekend.  But we also ride the vintage bikes--mostly Brit w/ some Italian.

We do a bi-weekly social on Thursday nights.  Sometimes more often, sometimes less.  We ride together to get dinner and then to get a drink and are usually home by 10pm.  We meet up in central San Diego (North Park/SouthPark/Mission Hills/Hillcrest/etc...).  And we do a weekend ride about once a month that goes anywhere in SD County.  We just had a weekend ride on Sunday, but we'll probably do another in two weeks.

It's loose and laid-back.  And if this is something you think you'd like, just drop me an email at [email protected].  You can tell me what you're looking for out of a club and how often you have availability to meet (i.e. Thursday nights and weekend rides).  And I can answer any quesions you have and tell more details.  And if all sounds cool and like it's a fit from both sides, we'll put you on the list and go from there.

ride safe,

Matt

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can meet anytime during the week. Weekends are tied up w/other events (e.g. yarkwork, honey-do stuff, etc.). Let me know when and where DD's and I'm there!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excellent! We don't post events on this list, but you're totally welcome to send an email to [email protected]. We're looking for new members who are a good fit with the group and who can commit to coming out regularly. And if you can come out regularly on weeknights, that's right-on. We usually meet up every otherish on Thursdays. And if you want to send an email, we'll put you on the list so we can all meet and see if it's a good fit.

Matt

1 - 14 of 14 Posts