Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone performed the mixture richening, where you adjust the throttle position sensor and/or the carbon monoxide setting? My shop did this, and it sure idles nice... but now I smell gas when stopped, and my mileage is crap.

If possible, I'd like to return to leaner settings in the winter. I have the fast-idle lever on anyway, I'll never overheat, and I don't give a crap about performance. Then in the summer, I could richen it again. Is this something a handy person could do themselves, or do I need a diagnostic computer or something?
Rene Carlos

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
It depends on what year your bike is. On the new 5.9 controlled bikes the only way to adjust either the TPS or the Trimmer is with the Mathesis or the software from Evoluzione

"the motorbike diagnostic software tool (mdst2001) was developed for use on computer-controlled ducatis. this easy to use tool allows the user to not only diagnose engine management related problems (such as bad sensors) but to also modify engine parameters including fuel trim (on the 1.5 & 5.9 ecus). two versions of the software are available; one for palm

·
0 Posts
My CO was adjusted to approx. 30 to compensate for my
slip-ons (2 Bros). If in the future I pick up a Power Commander, do I need to return my CO settings to stock?

Also, this may SEEM like a stupid question, but do you it necessary to own a computer to use a Power Commander?

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Im not sure on returning to the stock settings, but it makes sense. Im no expert on the PCIII as I have the FIM unit on 620.
As far as having a PC yes I believe thats the only way to download maps and make any changes.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
It depends on what year your bike is. On the new 5.9 controlled bikes the only way to adjust either the TPS or the Trimmer is with the Mathesis or the software from Evoluzione
Actually, Evoluzione is just a dealer for the Technoresearch MDST software.

:) Chris

·
Registered
287 Posts
Im not sure on returning to the stock settings, but it makes sense. Im no expert on the PCIII as I have the FIM unit on 620.
As far as having a PC yes I believe thats the only way to download maps and make any changes.
Hey, sorry to hi-jack, but I have been concidering a power commander after I get pipes, wanted to know what made you go with the FIM, and how much better is it? It costs quite a bit more doesn't it???

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
The cost of the FIM unit was $650, pricey ? Yes, but in th ehands of a good tuner with the correct software it was a far better solution to the performance issue. I have access to such a person, so we went with it.
As far as how much better its far more adjustable than the PCIII and its a standalone unit not a piggybacked unit on the stock ecu. Also it eliminated the immobilizer, sidestand switch from my bike. So I dont have to worry about that anymore. Also mine is used for racing and trackdays only, it sees no street duty.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"...this easy to use tool allows the user to not only diagnose engine management related problems (such as bad sensors) but to also modify engine parameters including fuel trim (on the 1.5 & 5.9 ecus). two versions of the software are available; one for palm

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
Not sure Rene, Ive been investigating that software as well. I am considering popping for the Pro issue though. I can work on my other Duc as well and offer it out to friends with Ducs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts