Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone, I'm looking to replace my stock '07 Monster 695 headlight with the Dominator Dual Headlights. From what I have researched it fits the stock headlight bracket but I'm concerned about the wiring part. Has anyone tackled this project and if they did can they offer some advice on wiring/installation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the dual headlights...

http://www.moto-madness.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=334

Thanks,

Rik

·
Registered
17 Posts
been there ... done that ;)

Dont need to modify braket, they will fit perfectly!

There are two types of these lights.
With H1 + H7 bulbs
&
Dual H4.

Ive done both.
H1+H7 wiring needs to be done. Its very simple, just figure out the cables on the headlight. The colors of the Ducati wiring can be found on the net.
H4 wiring comes with a socet, that plugs in dierctly, and you just have to fiddle with connectiong two cables.

To be honest im riding with the Dual H4 set, and find it lights up better!
2 position light
2 riding light
2 long light

H7 + H1 set:
1 position light
1 riding light
1 long light (they switch between each other, so your always riding with either one)

·
Registered
663 Posts
H7 + H1 set:
1 position light
1 riding light
1 long light (they switch between each other, so your always riding with either one)
ALthough, back in my car rally days, there were relays avaialbe that allowed you to power up both bulbs when you switched to hi beam. I'm sure they are still available.

I used to run a 7" Hella with seperate hi and low beam bulbs, but relayed then. It was daytime on hi beam!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
No doubt!!! It's amazing how different the dual light set ups work for the Monsters... I have a set of Duc-Duals and LOVE them. DML users actually get a pretty good discount too... Not only do they use the stock headlight bracket but they are plug and pay so they wire up in minutes... They also have a cool LED halo which adds a pretty awesome affect if you like that kind of thing... LONG live the MoNsTeR!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts