Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I know I posted in the mods section about how great this seat was but after really riding for an hour, I feel like the handle bars are too low and im too high up....

does this seat maybe take a while to "break-in"

the seat is very comfy and I do like the way Im not pressed against the tank, but I feel a little high up on the bike..... maybe it will break in?

anyone with a sargent Id love to hear from ya [thumbsup]

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
Yes, it takes a bit to break in and bit for you to get use to the new position. It doesn't push you as far forward as the stock tank, so it stretches you out a bit. You'll get used to it and the seat will mold itself to your butt and you'll be one happy camper. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Those who have 620s, and now the 695s will notice this, because they've got the lower seat.
Easy to spot, as it dips down below the front edge, as you can see in your sig line picture.

AFAIK, the bigger Monsters don't have the low seat, so the Sargent feels about the same height.

I really noticed it on my S4, as for some reason my bike had the low seat (dealer swapped it out, I'm sure) and I borrowed a Sargent for a while.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I don't know from low on most Ducs because mine is my first, but my S4RS stock saddle seems fairly low to me. Hard as a day old scone from Starbuck's but definitely low. I've been considering the Sargent seat but this feedback seems not uncommon (ala the Search button) but I can't for the life of me find where to get a DP 'comfort' seat (potential thread hi-jack). The DP seats seem to have all been bought up. :( Please keep us posted on your time/distance to bottom conformity!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Hey Beck,

I've got a sargent and I really like it.
I feel less over the tank but overall -over the whole bike and centered.

When the right time comes I usually tuck in and get mighty cozy with my tank.

less stressful on the back and wrists and hump then the stock seat. + I've got long legs so the stock was a no go.

Ride Safe [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
truerider said:
Hey Beck,

I've got a sargent and I really like it.
I feel less over the tank but overall -over the whole bike and centered.

When the right time comes I usually tuck in and get mighty cozy with my tank.

less stressful on the back and wrists and hump then the stock seat. + I've got long legs so the stock was a no go.

Ride Safe [thumbsup]
THANKS BRO.
I rode her in today and I like the seat more and more [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I have been using my Sargent for about 20k kms and 2 seasons. There was a definite break-in period, although I don't remember exactly how long that was. Probably a couple thousand kms before the seat really softened. After the last 2 seasons I've gotten so used to it that I tried the stock seat and didn't make it 10mins down the road before changing back to the Sargent. The Sargent perches you on top of the bike more than the stocker - not ideal for hanging off the bike - but much better for longer rides.

Like you, I also had to adjust to the new riding position. Due to the scoop of the seat you're placed further back from the bars than with the stock seat. I really like this aspect, although I do find the seat holds you to one place which is a bit tiring on long rides.

Get some more miles on it and once it softens a bit I think you'll really like the Sargent.
:)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm a smallish woman, and the Sargent seat, though it had comfortable foam, was too wide for me to be able to grip the tank with my thighs. I had the seat shaved down a bit (similar to the shape of the stock seat) and have loved it since. I've done a few 1000+ mile days on that seat with no problem. If it doesn't break in to your liking, consider taking it to an upholstery shop for alteration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts