Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of not having a garage, it sucks in every way. I was thinking about renting a storage unit for the bike. That way I can park it there when I'm not using it every day, and I can also work on it and such.

Does anyone else do this?

·
Registered
849 Posts
I built myself a lean-to in the back yeard. My landlord's cool that way. However, it's barely enough room to store the bikes, if I want to work on them I have to do it in the back yard. Only everything has to be back together by the time it gets dark, cos of the sprinklers in the morning.

-R.

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
The Ducati has so many bits on it that corrode I can't imagine not having a covered structure for it. Preferably with climate control for those high humidity foggy mornings. God, am I spoiled!

Can you park it in your house? They make great conversation pieces, as well as the advantage to using some kitchen utensils and accessories to work on the monster! ;D

Rideon

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
as well as the advantage to using some kitchen utensils and accessories to work on the monster! ;D

Rideon
My wife put her foot down last time I brought a set of race fuel infused carbs in the house. Something about the smell ;D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no hope of a garage, and no hope of building one in a yard, since there is no yard. I keep the bike covered, and as of yet haven't noticed any corosion going on. Thing is, If I work on the bike I have to get it back together before I go to bed since I can't leave parts scattered around outside for BUMS to take.

Hmmm. I don't really want to spend $200 a month on a self storage unit.

S

·
0 Posts
No garage for me either Eric. I have to pay an extra $20 a month for a space in the underground garage just to keep my bike out of the weather. The best part was when I had it up on the rear stand with the rear wheel gone getting a new tire. I had visions of coming down to find my Pit Bull gone and a heap of bike laying there...

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...and so a coworker just comes in and says his bike (GiXXer) got stolen last night out of his appartment parking lot.

Anyone in the VENICE area want to go in w/me on a garage sized Self Storage unit? hahah..

PARANOID!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts