Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone park their bikes in parking garages in Manhatten? Hourly, not monthly type.

I always wonder how & if they would take motorcycles. Sometimes I'm worried when I am in a bad neighborhood, or the cars look like they are too close to my bike.

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
i personally don't leave my bike alone. when i ride I go to ride and stay with my bike... I would never leave it parked in the street in Manhattan because eventually it will get vandalized or knocked over by some di.ck.

parking in a garage will go about $150 a mo in the city but even there your bike could get f.ucked up... sh.it i don't even like leaving my bike alone in my condos garage, I may keep it in my apartment this winter or hopefully SELL the darn thing so i can get my speed triple

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Try this website:

http://nycgarages.com/

I have a sneaking suspicion that while the site says tax is included in the posted rates, those rates need the 18% spanking thrown in on top.

It'll give you hourly AND monthly - and it suggests negotiating.

I'm toying with paying $200 and walking 100 feet, or paying $150 and walking two looooooong avenues to park my "bike to be" ;D

·
Premium Member
1,909 Posts
TerribleTabo said:
I live in NJ and come into Manhatten on weekends, so I was not looking for a permanant garage. Just one where I can park for a few hours for dinner or bar. I was always wondering if parking garages take bikes, because I have never seen a guy ride a bike into any of the parking lots I have been to. Just wondering how they would do that, because not everyone can ride/park the bike. I'm not even sure I would trust the attendent to ride my bike to another level.
yes many do and no dont let them ride it ever... park it yourself

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
In midtown I have never found a garage that takes bikes hourly... in outlying areas and neighborhoods sometimes they do but its rare. Its a liability and they don't want it. Even monthly garages are hard to find in some places... not usually though. garage spaces run 150 and up a month generally and 150 is cheap... oh and thats alwaysssss before the 18+ percent parking tax... if you can find one for 150 take it. Mine was 175 total with tax... good deal here... went up to 189 this year.... still not bad. Friends pay 200 to 250 in places.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.