Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to purchase clip-ons, but decided I'd rather do something quick and easy and less expensive. I think the look of a straight handlebar with a slight rake back swould look really good on my bike, any idea who makes something like this?

Elmer

·
Registered
969 Posts

·
Registered
726 Posts
You will need something with a little rise, otherwise you'll be hitting tank. I think you could get away with the Street Bar offered by Spiegler:

http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/Handlebars.cfm?type=street

It has about 2 inches of rise and 4 inches of pullback, which isn't much at all. It's gonna look pretty straight when you mount them. Let me know what you go with, and post pics when you get it done. I've been researching this myself.

CW

·
Registered
376 Posts
Hey Elmer, it was quite a while ago, there was a post about exactly what you are talking about, and there was a set of bars that does exactly what you are looking for. I think that the company was Suburban Engineering or something like that, and they made a set of bars that fit into your triple clamp mount, and they had a clip on like position, I wish I could remember exactly the name of the outfit, maybe someone else here will pipe up with it. It seems that the post I remember, the person used the bars for an SV 650 and they worked almost perfectly for the monster, although I think I remember that they were a little narrow, and at the time the company was working on a set for the Monster. Back then, I was waiting for them to come out with a set for the Monster and I would have ordered a set, but then I sold the Monster. It seems that the prices were a little high just for a set of handlebars, but were a lot cheaper than a set of clip ons and a new top triple clamp. You might try the search function or maybe someone will post with the right info. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts