Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a high exit, both side, exhaust for my S2R800 (slip on only so I can switch back for track days at Laguna) and all I can find is Fresco. The welds don't look near as clean as the other exhausts out there and nobody has posted sound comments, so I'm leery.

Anyone know of any others?

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for a slip on, not a full system. I will need to be able to swap back to stock cans from time to time for track days at Laguna.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Re: Does anyone make a high, 2-sided, slip on exhaust for the S2R other than Fre

Remus makes a full system ... they have the S2R800 one in R&D. Their S2R1000, S4R, and S4R testa full systems have removable restrictors that I think would work at Laguna.

Here's a pic of their 800 system in R&D. I really put my foot up their azz to get this going ... after I saw what they had for the 1000, I need something from them on my S2R800. ;D 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Does anyone make a high, 2-sided, slip on exhaust for the S2R other than Fre

chris said:
Remus makes a full system ... they have the S2R800 one in R&D. Their S2R1000, S4R, and S4R testa full systems have removable restrictors that I think would work at Laguna.

Here's a pic of their 800 system in R&D. I really put my foot up their azz to get this going ... after I saw what they had for the 1000, I need something from them on my S2R800. ;D 8)
Looks nice (though I'd go round or oval), but I think now the schools won't even let you on Laguna with aftermarket pipes at all. Used to be you could do it until you got black flagged by the little old ladies in the sound shack. I checked on Reg Pridmore's school and they say no aftermarket exhausts period.

I really like the oval Remus Grand Prix double high exit I've seen on the 1k, but it looks like you gotta lose the stock signal lights, which I'm not sure I want to do yet. I may be the only Monster owner alive that likes the look of the stock tail.

·
Registered
820 Posts

chris said:

Those look superb! Can you persuade them to make a set for the M900 please? [thumbsup] ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts

They look great! Just a little too long with the chopped tail I guess...

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts

Archimedes said:
I really like the oval Remus Grand Prix double high exit I've seen on the 1k, but it looks like you gotta lose the stock signal lights, which I'm not sure I want to do yet. I may be the only Monster owner alive that likes the look of the stock tail.
Nope... ;D

http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/shop/catalog/ducati/img/remus_gp_msr.jpg

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
928 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts

Archimedes said:
Yeah, that's the one. Now give it to me for an 800 in slip-on form with no need to change out my ECU and you've got a deal.

BTW, are those Pilot Powers on that 1k? And where can I get those mirrors?!
Oh, whoops, didn't see the slip-on part. I don't have anything for you there.

Yes, new 1ks come with the powers. I put them on my s2r800 and love them. Mirrors are something we have on the shelf here but I haven't put in the catalog. If you could bug me at [email protected] I'll open up some catalogs to figure out their details. One thing I do know is that they are inexpensive. ;)

Thanks,
Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts