Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a one piece Vanson suit. I paid way too much for it and I don't really think that it has ever fitted right. It's an off the rack size that is the same size as my Vanson 2 piece. The two piece seems way more loose. I think that it is too short in the torso because when I'm in the tuck it pulls on my shoulders. I've worn it only 4-6 times and it seems like a total workout just to move around the bike in this thing. Will it break-in any more? Can I go to a Taylor and let the back out or can they put in a bigger stretch panel above the butt? Who can do this? Is it so expensive that I would be better off getting new ones? Is this reality telling me that I'm a total tub of lard and should just ride the bus? I sent Vanson an Email and their answer was vague and really no help at all (kind of just told me that I was on my own but that they would be glad to take my money again). Thanks for the help,
your fat friend Geoff

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mine was pretty tight when I got it but it broke in midway throught the first race season with it.

It is supposed to tug on your #$%@s when you stand up (that is the racers crouch design that the ziptogether does not have)

Without looking at you in it (please don't make me) it is hard to tell. Tom the Tailor locally would be able to do alteratioins if they are required.

He has worked on many Vansons since dealing with them can be difficult. It's a good thing that the products are so nice.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone once told me that if I get them super wet while I'm wearing them that they will stretch out a little :-\ Has anyone heard this or tried it? I've been caught in the rain many times in my 2 piece and they seem softer as time goes by but I don't know if the rain is the main reason. I think that my girlfriend will throw me out if she sees me in the shower in my leathers on but I'm willing to risk it if it will work [laugh].

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not sure on that one, but it might (unless the laws of physics cease to exist in your shower).

with My race suit the first season was very hot, and I raced at least 5 races/per event plus the whole friday practice. So after 3 of those weekends of Hot sweaty weather mine loosed up.

The shower think only costs you some. I would make sure it drys in a moist warn environment so it does not get brittle and stiff. Use a leather balm (vanson makes one) while it is still damp. If that does not work go see Tom The Tailor or another alterations person.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
the super wet idea does work a bit. my brothers leathers loosened up after a couple soaking wet rides. i tried it with mine, and had some decent sucess as well. btw, we are both tall and skinny, each with 2 piece teknics, not sure if the leather varies a whole lot between brands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts