Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
Love it! Easy to work the whole front end, change tyre, service fork etc.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
i have one a lot like that (lockhartphillips)
i love it, a great way to work on the front end of your bike

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I spend a lot of time at the track, and working on my bikes in my garage. I have purchased a lot of stands over the years, and have found that what at first appeared to be a good deal and very workable stand, turned out not to be that way down the road.

A few comments about the front stand. How the top and bottom come together is critical, for stability and ease of use. Is this a multi-purpose stand (used as fork and triple tree stand)? Hard to tell. Tubing appears pretty small diameter. That, and the lack of a handle, have an effect on how easy it is to lift, and lower, the bike. Wheels look small, and they will hang up on any gravel.

While it is a low price, I have found my low price stands now sit in the corner of the garage, and I eventually replaced (or will replace) them all. I know you've probably heard this a hundred times, but you get what you pay for (or not) most of the time. I learned that I should have bought a quality stand in the first place. For me it would have been cheaper in the long run. Not that any of the cheap stands have broken, but my comfort level putting $18K - $24K bikes on them is no longer there. And it's not even the price of the bike that's the issue. If it's a used $3K bike, but it's all you have, spend the extra $50 and get a Pit Bull or Powerstands (I'm replacing all my stands with Powerstands).

Just my opinion. Hopefully provides some things to think about.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the imput. I know I want a stand that will allow me to work on the fork as well as the wheel so I am happy with the design. My concern was the quality of it for, I agree, it is not worth the savings if the quality is not there. If you look further down at the e-bay link you get to see the specs: tube diam. 32 mm with 1.8 mm wall thickness. I like to save money like the next guy but not at the cost of quality.

Soooo, anybody got that exact stand?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts