Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Frame Slider kit when I bought my S2R. I don't have the tools to install it myself and would rather not pay a dealer $89 to have it installed. :eek: Plus, there is a certain pride to doing it myself. [thumbsup]

After the ride on Saturday I realized I should install the kit soon. I am hoping someone with the tools spare time and maybe some experience could give me a hand. [clap] The installation intructions state I need a torque wrench, 2 socket drivers, two 15mm, one 14, and 8mm sockets, an 8mm allen hex bit socket and a dead blow mallet.

I live in Daly City. If anybody can help please let me know.

Phil

·
Banned
7,484 Posts
I'll be around this weekend and wrenching. Happy to help out. I'm in SF. It'll take about 1/2 hour depending on how stubborn the sliders are about getting even on each side. (drives me crazy). Are they Cycle Cat or some other brand?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can give you a hand. I have the tools and I've installed sliders on all my bikes. I can't come to you though since lot's of tools are required and there all in my storage/garage here in SF.

Let me know and drop me a line. Weekends are best to do the job... Joe

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I could prolly help on Saturday if you want to come by Chez Tigre in SF.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Phil J. said:
I bought a Frame Slider kit when I bought my S2R. I don't have the tools to install it myself and would rather not pay a dealer $89 to have it installed. :eek: Plus, there is a certain pride to doing it myself. [thumbsup]
I had no such pride. But I am beginning to develop such pride. If you know in advance where and when you're having your sliders installed, please post/PM, because I'd like to watch and learn.

To the Gurus:
Is installing frame sliders the same as fork sliders and swingarm sliders? ie. Is it more complex to install fork/swingarm sliders?

·
Premium Member
3,557 Posts
I would imagine that frame sliders on a Ducati are more complex because they require mucking with the engine mounting bolts. The others wouldn't require you to support the motor and should be easier to do.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Tigre said:
I would imagine that frame sliders on a Ducati are more complex because they require mucking with the engine mounting bolts. The others wouldn't require you to support the motor and should be easier to do.
True, and torque specs when tightening the bolts down are most important.

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
You should be coved with all the offers you have already, but I'd be willing to help you out also. I have a jack, sss stand, and all the tools. I'm in Palo Alto.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if this is proper etiquette for these replies, but I will address a couple at one time.

Unfortunately, I can't do it this weekend. I have National Guard duty. I would have mentioned that before, but I did not find out until later in the day. Next weekend should be no problem though.

Spidey said:
Are they Cycle Cat or some other brand?
They are from SpeedyMoto.

YO!JOE!!! said:
I can't come to you though since lot's of tools are required and there all in my storage/garage here in SF.
Yes of course, I definitely would not expect anyone to bring all those tools to me. I will gladly ride to wherever it can be done.

Ducky said:
I had no such pride. But I am beginning to develop such pride. If you know in advance where and when you're having your sliders installed, please post/PM, because I'd like to watch and learn.
I'll let you know

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I recently put some SpeedyMoto sliders on my S4R, and it was straightforward even though they replaced the engine mount bolt on the horizontal cylinder.

I'm happy to help, and I have a torque wrench, other tools, a garage, stand, and a sample bike to look at to see if we're doing it right. PM me if you're interested. We might even invite others over to drink beer :)

Joe

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ducky said:
If you know in advance where and when you're having your sliders installed, please post/PM, because I'd like to watch and learn.
I will be installing the kit at Joe's/a.k.a. Desmoquattro. Tomorrow around 1:00 PM.
If you can make it, you should PM him to let him know and get directions(if you don't already know where he lives).

Thanks everyone for all the responses [thumbsup]

Phil

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spidey said:
Did it work out? Where are our pics? >:D
It worked out great! I apologize for not having any photos. I do not have a digital camera. :eek:

Thanks again to Desmoquattro for lending your time and tools. [thumbsup]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts