Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Termi

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be replacing the stock exhaust on my '06 S2R next month. I initially had decided on the Termi system, but have since found one that I like better. The brand name is GPR. They are out of Italy. And I found them on the OnCycles.com web page.

My plan is to purchase the DP ecu and airbox from the Termis system and the pipes and cans from GPR. I believe the minor differences in the pipes and cans can be fine tuned with the exhaust gas analyzer used on install of the new ecu.

From the pictures it appears that the cans hang just a bit lower, but still high and on the same side. I'm just trying to decide between the titanium or carbon cans.

My questions are these: Does anyone have any experience with this brand? If so, could you just share a little bit? Do they fit properly? How do they sound? Etc. etc. Thanks.

I've included some pics of other systems I'm considering. Feel free to let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Sorry, no experience with them, but for what it's worth I think the cans are too long and the exhaust hanger bracket looks weak. I dont like the squared off end of it either. It looks homemade at best. Go with Arrows or the Termis.

·
Registered
333 Posts
i like the look of the ferracis in this configuration...and maybe i'm just a bit biased ;). but there are a few reasons i like them the best of those pictures: they are shorter and would look great with a tailchop if you have one or eventually do a chop. they have a cool stagger with the bottom one further back than the top one. i like the looks of the header pipes too. and like moe cat said about the bracket on the gprs-they look sort of cheap. the fbf bracket looks sharp. just my 2 cents since you asked. as far as sound goes...all the aftermarket stuff sounds great to me sooo....
julie

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The Monster was made for Low pipes, but if you must have high pipes the Zard or Spark is the way to go. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
punkass2112 said:
Has anybody else noticed that the FBF's look EXACTLY like the arrows? I bet they are re-badged.
I think they're Arrows & somebody removed the tag on the top can as the bottom one comes bare & then slapped an FBF decal on there. Could be wrong though but I doubt it ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Go with the Termi's you'll love 'em.Get the ECU with it too not just the pipes,no remapping fuel or dyno tuning.All that $ does add up.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Rode with a guy here in Phoenix who has an s2r 1000 with the Spark header and exhaust pictured above. IMHO that's the way to go. Sound, looks, fit, finish, and quality. [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you are correct. Anyway, I decided to go with the full Termi system. Looks and sounds great. I posted pics a couple of weeks ago in "Accessories and Mods" under "New Full Termi System available for S2R 800". I'll try to post a few here to wrap it up.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
The GPR stuff is the nicest for fit and finish that I have seen and installed. Yeah I work for the importer but I think you know our reputation.

Chris
I like how they look, too. What about the sound, though. Can you compare the sound to any other brand, lke say Arrow or Termi? I've got the Spark midpipe with just cored stock cans right now, and I'm seriously looking for a good looking and sounding set of slip-ons and I just can decide which way to go. Convince me! ;D

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Forty percent off sale! They sponsored Casey Stoner last year. Made in Italy. Best carbon I have seen. Sound fantastic and I'll throw in an exhaust rebuild kit for free!

Chris

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Chris,

Just a couple more questions. What is the length of the can? I just want to see how far past my tail chop these are going to extend.

Also, because I have the spark midpipe, am I going to be using my stock S pipes with these cans, or are new pipes supplied with the cans?

And lastly, what's the exhaust rebuild kit you're going to throw in? I know that I want it ('cause it's FREE ;D) just not sure exactly what it is.

Okay, that was three questions. Sorry for being a PITA.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts