Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I go into the garage at night and start up the bike or just sit on it and admire it even when the weather is too rainy or cold to ride. [cheeky]
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
383 Posts
i believe that's considered normal here, although I haven't been here very long.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
131 Posts
Hey I have a silver monster to your silver one. Some visual mods you may want to consider that look GREAT on the silver monsters.

-Black decal stripe for the gas tank and windshield. (EBAY)
-Paint the front fender black
-Paint the timing belt covers black
-Buy a silver seat cowl and put a black decal on that too.
-Bar end mirrors

Maybe not for everyone but I love how mine looks. Kinda modeled after the silver S2R.

-Jonny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
I think I slept in my garage a few times the first couple weeks. Either that or put a pic of the bike on the pillow next to me. Yes I'll admit she had me sprung.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
Every chance I get. ;D It's some kind of eye candy for me, a sickness. I stare in adolation, and think of other mods. Right now, I think of a long winter ahead :'(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jonnymorrow said:
Hey I have a silver monster to your silver one. Some visual mods you may want to consider that look GREAT on the silver monsters.

-Black decal stripe for the gas tank and windshield. (EBAY)
-Paint the front fender black
-Paint the timing belt covers black
-Buy a silver seat cowl and put a black decal on that too.
-Bar end mirrors

Maybe not for everyone but I love how mine looks. Kinda modeled after the silver S2R.

-Jonny
My silver one is gone but I still miss it! Actually, I prefer solid color tanks as personal preference, but I like seeing all the other types too! I got the 2005 Monster 1000S. I couldn't pass it up, because that was the last year they made it, and I'm partial to the exhausts on either side rather than the double stacked style of the S2R & S4R. Hopefully, I will switch the tank to Matte Silver in a year or two. I'm sort of attached to the black right now. Ideally, I would like to have 1 black & 1 silver! LOL I wish there was an easy way to switch back & forth.
 

Attachments

5

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Although a Monster is "just a bike," you guys are convincing me that Ducati ownership is a passion. I remember the first Ducati I ever saw in the flesh, a Paso. It was so f*cking cool! I understand where you're coming from. Right now I am riding a really great functional motorcycle called an Interceptor. If my head ruled, I'd say "All the bike I'll ever need." Trouble is, my heart keeps whispering to me that "Yeah, but it ain't the Ducati that fired you up about 20 years ago!" So, I am sliding into Ducati ownership despite the ECU problems, the flaking case paint, the higher purchase price and maintenance costs. WTF is wrong with me? My only concern now is whether to buy a Monster (which one?), a Multistrada (an 1100 cc model with the A+ suspension!) or an ST3 (big miles on a sport tourer = big fun!). I am friggin' hopeless and I know that I am insane! Help!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,008 Posts
5891jonathan said:
My only concern now is whether to buy a Monster (which one?), a Multistrada (an 1100 cc model with the A+ suspension!) or an ST3 (big miles on a sport tourer = big fun!). I am friggin' hopeless and I know that I am insane! Help!
I'd recommend either a 2000 or 2001 900S i.e. Monster - I think those were the best years of the 900.
I'd wait if you want a S2R 1000 until the O2 sensor problems are ironed out (aside from disconnecting the O2)

Test ride a Multi and one of the ST# line. If you go ST, I'd buy a used one with fully adjustable suspension & ohlins rear. ABS is a plus too.

I really, really like my ST. It's easily Ducati's most under-appreciated bike - the ST4s is a rocket with bags.


Best part of this: You can't go wrong, no matter what you choose! The desmo engines are saaaweeeeeeet
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,364 Posts
TerribleTabo said:
Sometimes I go into the garage at night and start up the bike or just sit on it and admire it even when the weather is too rainy or cold to ride. [cheeky]
Be careful, if you do it too often you'll go blind... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
You guys are lucky... I have to go to the dealer to check it out... it has been in the shop for a week and I have gone twice... ok three times to see it...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OT said:
Be careful, if you do it too often you'll go blind... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]
You mean like this guy?
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
i was ashamed at first.
thought i was the only one.
thanks for breaking down the barrier, Terrible.
i feel so much better now for being able to share my problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
101 Posts
xswimordiex said:
winter??? what's winter???
(so cal ;D)
You really know how to hurt a guy who's suffering from separation anxiety. Let's show a little compassion here. :mad: :'(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
oh you silly californians
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
314 Posts
Sometimes I don't want to bother it too much because it's sleeping but I know it's there, and when my wife is pushing the honey-do list in front of me, I'm thinking, "Soon, I'll be with you, my beauty."
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top