Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my gfs S2R into the dealer about three weeks ago for the 6000 mile service, and the bike wasn't ridden since then Yesterday, I was giving it the final wash before winterizing, and found this THING (shown below). Anybody know what it is and where it belongs? Is part of the testing equipment or the bike itself? The pictures show where I found it...

Attachments

·
Banned
2,007 Posts
mechanics screw those into the inlet manifold to attach hoses for balancing carbs/throttle bodies.
check to make sure the screws that blank the holes off have been replaced. they should have been otherwise it will run like ****!! i'd say he dropped it while removing it and assumed it fell thru to the floor.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Yep,
looks like part of the shop's vacuum gauge gear. AS the prior respondee said check that the baanking plugs in both the manifolds are screwed back in.

You may get a few brownie points if you return it to the shop??

PS has anyone got any views about leaving these in the manifolds permanently and capping the ends with a tight fit blind end rubber tube like the old jap bikes did?

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
gjkennedy51 said:
PS has anyone got any views about leaving these in the manifolds permanently and capping the ends with a tight fit blind end rubber tube like the old jap bikes did?
IMHO, not sturdy enough and will leak or vibrate out.

+1 on brownie points...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I am new to the list. Wife bought a 695 and will get it soon. I am usually on the Yahoo ST list.

Anyhow, I capped the throttle bodies with a socket head cap screw. I went to the autoparts store and bought a plastic tee to splice the canister' line into the gas tank vent line. The same can be done for the Monser.

Dave Harhay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts