Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We thought we'd start a thread on some dodgy repairs we or some one you know have done... fire away.....

Ok, id better start.
You porbably all heard about the rode home on with no oil trick.... (no trick there). But a fellow rider copped a small hole on the oil filter on his SV Suki, loosing his oil. To get home he bought a litre of cooking vegi oil and blu-tac..... The bike was suprisingly ok, but boy did it stink!

Another one is I race karts for fun, and one day the clamp on my trailer broke so we had to use my friends van. Unfortunately the ball was way to big and my trailer couldnt attach properly. It could only just rest on the top half of the tow ball. But i had to race that day. Out comes sticky tape, joki straps and more tape. It only came off the ball twice, but 1/2 hour late I made it.... hows that for transporing a $7000 karts plus tools! - Chris

·
Registered
30 Posts
non-bike; i work in aircraft hangar; the crew next door takes off in their pajero with large trailer not properly attached; pajero turns,trailer goes straight into pristine airliner with resulting nasty dents and gouges (v.expensive) ;our local structures guy performs exquisite repair on internal structure, but for the large external dent/"concave section" -size 10 adidas! plenty more like that!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
I heard another lift company in Melbourne had a major!

A rope sheave had boken through its shaft and the counterweight free falled 30 floors smashing through the shaft floor 5 metres deep!

Lucky no one was injured!

There is like 5 tons of weight and it was caculated the counterweight hit the bottom at an aprox speed of 195Kph!

Ouch!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts