Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a pair of Sidi Vert II's for my 21st birthday (actually it's not until Monday). I love how protective they are but;
1)It's hard as hell to tuck my leathers in them. Any tips? Or am I the only guy actually trying to tuck my pants in? They're just too cool looking to cover up.
2) It's a real change for riding with these on. They seem slicker and stiffer. It's kind of tough to hold onto the brake and gear shifter. Do they just need to be broken in?
Thank's to all. I've got a pretty cool family to buy me Sidi's for my birthday eh?

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Maybe they were lurking on that thread >

I've got a pretty cool family to buy me Sidi's for my birthday eh?
about protecting the foot first. ;)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Re: Do you tuck you pants in your boots? and other

Yeah, they take some getting used to. After two rides in them you won't ever want to ride with tennis shoes or work boots anymore.

I have skinny calfs (how the hell does one spell that anyway) so I don't have a problem tucking my pants incl. the shin armor in. You can adjust the vertebra armor on the back of the boots with the supplied key to make them a bit wider around the top. You'd have to have pretty thick stompers for them not to fit, I think.

-R.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

As a matter of fact, no, I don't tuck my pants into my boots.
But I don't have Sidi Vertebras either....... ;)

TViking, 'calves' is the plural of 'calf', like 'wolves' and 'wolf'. Makes as much sense as most of the rest of the English language..........

S

·
0 Posts

Makes as much sense as most of the rest of the English language..........
But a large part of English is derived from Germanic, so it's your own fault Ryan.... ;D

The boots do take a while to get used to. I thought someone stole my rear brake lever the first time I rode with 'em (I've got A-stars S-MX3's).

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Well I must have big calves then because I've got them loosened all the way in the front and back and it's still a VERY tight fit. It's a fight to zip them up.

·
Registered
849 Posts

Calves - makes sense now all of a sudden. [email protected] hangover this morning....

Dreamse, they'll probably break in some but as long as they don't cut off circulation to your feet they're probably better on the tight side than too loose.

-R.

L

·
0 Posts

I have the JoeRocket SpeedMaster boots and I never tuck my riding pants in, then again I really don't have much of a need for tucking, not like I am going to swing a knee down on any of these turns around here ::)

;D

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

My boots fit over my leather and mesh pants very easily, but my textile pants are too bulky and the boots fit nicely under them.

As for calves , I have large ones ( muscles from running & walking) and my JR boots are a bit snug in that area, I have to make sure I have the velcro securely fastened.

·
Registered
796 Posts

I got fatty calves too and with my Joe rocket GPX boots its a pain getting my leathers in um. I just try to keep the zipper in a location where it wont irritate my ankle the whole ride. I just deal with it

·
Registered
374 Posts

There are two screws on the back top of the boot. Loosen them and it allows you to adjust the width of the calf. Get it the way you want it and tighten them back down. Should make enought room for your pants.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts

As Deb suggests, it depends on the cut of the pants. My leather Fieldsheers zip snug down on my calves and they HAVE to go inside the boots. No way they'll go over.

My textile Alpinstar pants, on the other hand, have gusseted zips and are intended to go over the boots. I've never tried putting them in and i'm pretty sure they wouldn't fit.

Jeans can go in or out (only under the textile riding pants!).

So it's mostly a matter of how your riding pants are designed/cut. Sport or track pants are intended to go inside the boots. Many touring and most commuting pants are meant to go over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts