1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Yeah, thats cool!! I like it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Pretty badass looking, though I think it's meant for drag racing... whatever that means.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmmmmmm a drag racing helmet on a motorcycle... buy it, ride with it, and then tell us how much it rocks. i think there's a very good reason why you don't see motorcyclists wearing them.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
Yeah, I'd guess that the design requirements are different for a helmet designed to protect you 4 - 14 seconds at at time, and one designed to comfortably protect you all day.

It's also not DOT or Snell M approved, so if a school, trackday, or a cop with a bad attitude came along, it might not be the helmet of choice.

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
Usually race car helmets (SA rating, not M) don't have the necessary peripheral vision for motorcycles... also, I've been told that the lower sides are not cut out as high, and the helmets tend to be larger (outside measurement) in general.. which in case of a fall *may* brake collar-bones..

I have a Bell Sport II car helmet and compared to my Arai Signet it feels like a tank (larger and heavier).

but that helmet does look cool... not sure how it'd react when you turn your head back to look behind you at speed though...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
but that helmet does look cool... not sure how it'd react when you turn your head back to look behind you at speed though...
make that an "if" you "could" turn your head... ditto on the safety rating issues by fillmore. keep in mind most all drag racers have a roll cage... last i checked motorcycles didn't.

if you really want a simpson motorcycle lid they make the outlaw and the streetbandit... both are snell m and dot approved.

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
It does look cool though!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Actually, Simpson has made m/c helmets for a long time but may have been out of the market for a while till recently. I had one similar to the Bandit style in 1982, it got stolen off my bike a couple of years later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cool helmet, but I guess safety is more important.
Denmark, I am headed over there at the end of October. Any good motorcycle shops or bars to visit?

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Crossssssssssshhhhh Luck, I am your Father Crooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 - 20 of 20 Posts