Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just opened a belated gift... POW... Full Remus system, Nemesis ECU and pro Filter... Do I dare install the system and airbox myself and let my shop tune the bike... or should I give it a shot for the entire build? thoughts please!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Just opened a belated gift... POW... Full Remus system, Nemesis ECU and pro Filter... Do I dare install the system and airbox myself and let my shop tune the bike... or should I give it a shot for the entire build? thoughts please!!!
Are you mechanically inclined? Yes

Are you, not mechanically inclined? NO

Or,

take it to shop and do it all once and for all, leave with tuned bike..

My 0.02

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very mechanically savvy! though I dont know if I want to mess with the Nemesis... hmmmm, I think I shall read some multi-lingual instructions!! LOL

AND, my shop is in Tampa and Im in Miami... would have to plan a weekend trip... damn this city and terrible Duc shops!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
piece of cake..

do it!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
very mechanically savvy! though I dont know if I want to mess with the Nemesis... hmmmm, I think I shall read some multi-lingual instructions!! LOL

AND, my shop is in Tampa and Im in Miami... would have to plan a weekend trip... damn this city and terrible Duc shops!!
Well, Ft. Lauderdale has a couple of shops also... I've read that Nemesis is a very straight forward install, disconnect battery, hook Nemesis, connect battery...

But to get the full advantage of your gift, you will need the dyno runs and the laptop...

Imagine, you say Miami has lousy shops, imagine me here in Panama, where the dealer only sees customers coming in to buy filters and some readily available stock parts but for service, they call the mechanics they fired[one of them is working for me], so... Yes, I'm starting a very small two person operation; feel you on the shop though.

·
Registered
635 Posts
piece of cake..

do it!!
Hey otto, forgot you did it yourself, but the real questions was if he was mechanically inclined to set it up/tune it, by himself, not just, disconnect battery, hook Nemesis up, connect battery...

Yes all of the "EFI controllers" are a breezee to install, but, geting them to work correctly, that's another story.

By the way, how is it going with your rear set search?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok... so Ive read the manual cover to cover... seems pretty easy to handle... just waiting for a reply from the Nemesis blocs in England... Hardware is a no brainer... ECU seems to be as easy as plug and play around until the correct map is found.

I have to head up to Tampa regardless for a scheduled maintenance so i just have them hook her up while shes there!! yeah, that's the plan!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
ok... so Ive read the manual cover to cover... seems pretty easy to handle... just waiting for a reply from the Nemesis blocs in England... Hardware is a no brainer... ECU seems to be as easy as plug and play around until the correct map is found.

I have to head up to Tampa regardless for a scheduled maintenance so i just have them hook her up while shes there!! yeah, that's the plan!!
So, how's she doing[the bike]?

Happy New Year...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, how's she doing[the bike]?

Happy New Year...

BRUTAL!! system needs more fitting than I'm equipped for... looks like passenger pegs will have to come off... titanium cans HEAT like aluminum... H-pipe connector leaks... ANYWAY, I'm actually in Tampa right now counting down the time until my shop opens tomorrow! Hopefully they can straighten out this issue!!

plus lay down the ecu AND filter... will keep the post updated!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok ok, here you go guys... one word... MUTHAFUCKINAMAZING!!!

Remus Grand Prix system... Nemesis II ECU... BMC Air Filter.

·
Registered
635 Posts
HELLUVA MUTHAFUCKINAMAZING BIKE!!!

Real real nice bike man....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks darkmonster620... she took a little extra love but finally came out perfect... the Nemesis II is sorta like sniffin up an ounce in a single line... : you think you can handle it but soon realize its WAY TOO MUCH!!! cant wait to dyno this bitch...

should I cut my air box? I left it closed but upgraded the filter... any thoughts?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'd def. cut that airbox open, or if you have the cash get the FBF open airbox kit:

http://www.ferracci.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=264

How was the Nemesis install? What map are you using? Did you take it somewhere to tune it or did you use their bike mounted lambda system to self tune? I'm thinking about a Nemesis II for my S2R 1000.
Thanks for the great info... I installed and tuned the Nemesis II without the lambda system. though i am going to purchase the cable for future personal maps. The tune I used was Free flow exhaust, open air box, high flow filter. No issues with software and none with implementation! Took it to my shop to a very subtle fine tune... she runs like a sewing machine hooked up to 220volts.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Love the set up... gonna talk to my tech about it!! great feed back on this thread!!
I'm using a Battley Cycles/Dobeck Peformance TFI Card,couldn't test for long for tech reasons, but, once I replace damage parts, will update.
Remember, for the M620 there's not much out there...But, what I find and fits, I make it my mission to get it...

Good to know you like your set up...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
taking this build one part at a time... as I find them and research their worth I'll pull the trigger and add it... its my 4th duc... after market is half the fun!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok... so I ended up changing the entire system... the Remus system had too many leaks and they didnt want to send me a new system... so they got their metal back and I got what I know works... ARROW

another crazy issue I had with the Remus... the Titanium cans would not dispel heat... not even a little... were as the Arrows I can run for hours and barely notice the heat... cool to the touch even... too bad about Remus, I really enjoyed their look! oh well...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts