Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people...

Note: this is mirrored on the infernal, I mean, internal SFBMHA email list...

I put up a sign-up sheet for the DNA event on April 17, 2004. It's limited to 40 members max (DNA wants at least 30 of us to show). Check out the SFBMHA home page (you need to be registered on the site to view the link)... it's on the L-hand pane below our club logo. You need not sign up right away if you're not sure about the scheduling. If you really want to attend, please sign up, as the spaces are limited.

If you're having trouble viewing the link or getting there or signing up, please email me.

Daffe

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
You forgot to mention this on SCMHA and CCMHA, so I took the liberty of posting on both groups and pointing them here. If it looks like we have a bunch more people joining SFBMHA, it might be those from the two other California groups joining just so they can sign up for the DNA event. 8)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Daffe, can you kindly put me on the list for this event? I don't think I've ever registered on the other site.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott...

If we don't have enough attendees from SFBMHA i think it's ok for the other riders from the other groups to join. However, DNA wanted just SFBMHA riders there b/c they're doing it especially for the SFBMHA group.

Fear...

It's easy to register on the other website. I can't sign you up though b/c you have to put your email addy, etc into it.

http://www.sfbmha.com

click above to go to sfbmha then make a userID and password. after that, click on the L-hand pane link (under the SFBMHA logo) to view the evite and sign up. it really isn't that difficult!

Daffe

·
Registered
455 Posts
I'd like to sign up, but like I said in the first thread where you brought this up, there is a very real chance that I will be incapacitated by that time of year (I sure hope not though!) and I don't want to potentially take a spot away from somebody else.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you might want to bookmark the evite page or just be sure to remember that the DNA event info is on the sfbmha index page. hope you can make it though!

Daffe

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to see if DNA will give us some door-prizes for the event... free schwag.... ??? wonder if free schwag will intice more people to join the event?

S

·
0 Posts
I'm having issues with signing up. I can't find the link. Do I have to log on? I forgot my password I think. Daffe..can you just sign me up?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We've got 23 sign-ups for this as of 11-23-2003. Minimum number required is 30 attendees (which, I'm sure, we won't have a problem getting). You still have a fair amount of time to sign up if you'd still like to attend. 17 more spots.

Please don't forget to mark this date on your calendar!

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UPDATE....

Looks like we'll end up making the 40 attendee mark. Scott, this is beginning to look a lot like the Stockton/Uvas ride we had this past summer with about 32 folks.... 40 riders is pretty unmanageable a huge group.

I'm thinking of splitting everyone into groups of 5 (so 8 groups). I'd like to hash out a ride route well in advance of the actual ride and propose to all the riders that it would be a good idea for them to at least be familiar with the route prior to the event.

Any suggestions on how to keep things manageble? I've yet to discuss a ride route to John Porter on this. He will probably just ask us to choose a route we like. I'd like to get this started (logistics, etc) at the latest by January, so everyone start thinking of ride routes they'd like to take.

please, NO STOCKTON freeway ride requests!

S

·
0 Posts
My thought about the route, having so many people, would be to make it a rather simple one. By simple I mean not to technical such as Mt. Hamilton, and not 1000 different turns, such as the end of the Mt. Diablo ride. But plenty of twisties. Do I have any specific suggestions...? I'll have to get back to you on that one. ;D

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
April might be a bit chilly for a Central Coast ride but the Hwy 25 ride out of Hollister is fairly straight foward (twisties but not too many turn-offs)... just take it past Bitterwater road (keep going straight) rather than turning towards King City but that is quite far for the SF people.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Far is good with me.... ups I live in Daly city ;D

·
Registered
99 Posts
I propose PASHNIT's "loop around Marin". As MM and I have noted, it's world-class. Easy to follow, everyone can print a small map off his site, so no excuses for trips to Stockton.

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I'll volunteer to lead a group. 8)

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so far, we have these people lined up to lead the groups...

- Scott Nelson
- Daffe
- Geezer
- Uncle Duck

I am requesting about 2 or so more volunteers for ride leaders. I spoke to Erin earlier today and she might be able to hook us up with 1 - 2 more leaders.

Michael Moore... did you want to lead a group?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts