Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here's the dealio.

We have 9 signed up for the track day Monday May 10th at Streets of Willow.
The DML will have a 'booth' to hang out in, and DML's own Webmaster Michael Moore will be attending.
Cost is $140, you can sign up here:
http://www.pacifictracktime.com/purchase/product_info.php?products_id=49 or call 530-223-0622
The Thunderhill day wed. april 28 had 3 people signed up. Michael and I cant make that one....but you can still go without us.
http://www.pacifictracktime.com/purchase/product_info.php?products_id=34 cost is $160 on this one...bring your own lunch, this one isnt not catered.

The trackday is being put on by Pacific Track Time...there is orientation instruction and one on one instruction available. water is provided, and lunch (for willow only).
Here's some more info: http://www.pacifictracktime.com/main/policies.html
Have fun!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Thunder Hill:

I don't have transportation and am looking to share a ride with someone, help with costs and carrying stuff.

If I don't find a ride, I'm going to rent a truck and will be looking to share it with someone.

I'm assuming staying the night before in a motel in the area.

PM me.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd personally like to make it to the Streets with y'all and Zina, too.
The DML will also be providing licensed racers Chris and Zina Kelly, who will be available throughout the day for personal instruction and consultation. [smiley=laugh.gif]

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Since I am now a seasond veteran at the Streets of Willow (seasoned veteran = going really slow for about 30 laps) I want to go to this track day.

On the site it said something about checking your average lap times before picking a group. I noticed that the fist, slowest group listed was ADVANCED. I can't imagine that I am advanced, no way in hell. Is this trackday not for me? Will I be a problem? Will my questions ever end?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Since I am now a seasond veteran at the Streets of Willow (seasoned veteran = going really slow for about 30 laps) I want to go to this track day.

On the site it said something about checking your average lap times before picking a group.

G

·
I'm all signed up for the 28th. Hope to see a bunch of you there. I think I'll bring the S4R and the RC-51 so look me up and say hi. :)

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Do you guys all have 'track bikes?' I have never ridden on a track. It sounds like fun, except that I imagine a bunch of Japanese bikes making me look rediculously slow.

How do Monsters do on the track?

Do you need to buy special tires or something?

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you guys all have 'track bikes?' I have never ridden on a track. It sounds like fun, except that I imagine a bunch of Japanese bikes making me look rediculously slow.

How do Monsters do on the track?

Do you need to buy special tires or something?
Monsters do fine at the track. speed is almost always more dependent on the rider skill than the machine.
you dont need any special equipment, but your tires should be new (or close to it), and everything should be maintained.
here's a list:
Motorcycle:
All motorcycles must pass tech inspection prior to entry of the track. No Pass, No Ride.
Excessively dirty/oily motorcycles will NOT pass tech inspection.
Tires and brakes in excellent condition.
Wheel weights taped.
Chain and sprockets in good condition.
Headlights and taillights disconnected or taped over.
Tape or remove any mirrors, signals and glass.
Stock exhaust required at Laguna Seca due to noise restrictions.
Two digit numbers are required at Laguna Seca on the front and right side of motorcycle for the sound booth to identify your motorcycle. Duct or electrical tape will work. Duplicate numbers will be handled at the track.

Equipment:

Damage free, DOT full-faced helmet with face shield.
One or two piece full zip together leather or Aerostitch riding suit.
Undamaged leather gloves with full wrist coverage.
Riding boots that fully cover the ankle.
Back protector highly recommended.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Damn. That sounds like a lot of stuff to do...
I dont want to change out my exhaust.. This could take hours of prep just to get ready for...
Who cares if my headlights are on!? that sounds like a good thing to me!

Does anyone know anything about washington state tracks rules?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Alex they are about the same although not to sure about the stock exhaust at sir oh forgot pir now or bremerton .

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Also, be sure to bring a swingarm stand so you can remove your kickstand. They drag REALLY early.

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn. That sounds like a lot of stuff to do...
I dont want to change out my exhaust.. This could take hours of prep just to get ready for...
Who cares if my headlights are on!? that sounds like a good thing to me!

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Looks like we're not gonna make it... went for 5 hour ride today and one of our stupid mutts decided to escape. Since we've been steadily improving the fortifications, this led to escaped, bloddy dog and blood smears and spots all over where she did manage to break through the defenses. This event is ugly enough that now for track day to happen, there are too many compromises.

Sorry y'all!! :(

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Looks like we're not gonna make it... went for 5 hour ride today and one of our stupid mutts decided to escape. Since we've been steadily improving the fortifications, this led to escaped, bloddy dog and blood smears and spots all over where she did manage to break through the defenses. This event is ugly enough that now for track day to happen, there are too many compromises.

Sorry y'all!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts