Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the dealio.

I am planning a DML Trackday.
Depending how many people we get, we can get a discount as a group.
I was thinking about Streets of Willow on May 10.
Pacific Track Time will be hosting the event
(website: http://www.pacifictracktime.com/main/index.html)
I did a trackday with them before, and they did a good job.

There is a novice orientation class, and 1-1 instruction available...but this is not a 'school'-type day like the Pridmore or Code schools.
price is less under $150.
whatcha think?

·
Registered
849 Posts
For less under $150.- I'd be down as well. ;D I seem to remember that P. Tracktime is usually pricier than that.

Here's the Trackdaz schedule, just for laughs and just to offer some alternatives. Great people, and cheaper than most of the others (notice the Streets on May 24).

Willow Springs
$130($135 on paypal)
$100 for WSMC racers
Feb 23
March 29
July 31
Aug 1
Oct 25

Streets of Willow
$115 ($120 on paypal)
May 24
Aug 7
Aug 8

Buttonwillow
$95 ($100 on paypal) for 3groups on a weekday
$140 ($145 on paypal) for 2groups on a weekend
April 9
June 26
June 27
Sept 10

-R.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I'm very interested.
I assume I need to plan on sacrificing a set of tires, yes?

Hmm...July and August events at Willow. Toasty warm :p
May should be decent, though.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I assume I need to plan on sacrificing a set of tires, yes?
Naw. Just schedule your tire changes so that you'll be on new or nearly new tires before the track day. They'll be good for another 1.000 or 1.500 street miles after that.

Over-inflate your tires by 5 to 10 psi before you go so you can easily drop to the appropriate pressure after the tech inspection.

-R.

PS: bring extra gas.

PPS: Trackdaz requires you safety-wire your oil filter. I have the wire and a twister tool, just bring a hose clamp that fits around your filter.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I'm in if you move it to Roebling Road.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
I would love to do a DML trackday. Willow is just a bit out of the range. I am willing to drive 12 - 14 hours, not 2 - 3 days.
I understand there is a Ducati or european only trackday at Grattan Raceway in Michigan. I was thinking on attending that this year. If DML could organize a Bi-Coastal event that could be big. Just an idea.
GT

R

·
0 Posts
Hi
Not to complicate things. But what if we did 2 track days. Say a DMLwest and DMLeast Track Day. I have connections with the local clubs at my end of the country. I can easily get us a sub $150 per member fee for a track day at either Pocono Raceway, Summit Point, Beaverun, VIR or CMP. We can go with Team Pro Motion or Reduc. Reduc would be a better theme, but TPM has many more dates and could give us a better price.
I will be glad to handle the arrangements for a DMLeast Trackday. I can probably even get North American Warhorse to sponsor the event to a point and provide a few demo bikes for the event. Not just Ducati's.
Its just a thought. The east coast has its share of members. And track time would really be a learning experience.

R

·
0 Posts
I would also be glad to cover the DMLwest event photographically. If the date does not conflict with my schedule. Better yet, buy me a ticket and I will provide every DML member with a free picture CD of all their images for the event. A $70 per member value. I just get to be there. Which I think would be cool.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
I think I need to rephrase my previous post.
I will be there, barring any outrageous misfortune.
Chances are very good that I'll be riding.

Pretty well squared away on the prep:
Using the K&N filter now, principally for the hex that's on them to ease removal.
I'm good to go on the safety wire supplies. I can even usually do several fasteners without poking a hole in a finger. ;)
Most likely my Duc would travel to and fro on a trailer or in a van, so tire pressure can be whatever it needs to be. I feel like I'm missing a subtitle on that though ???
At my current rate of tire consumption, I should be ready for a new rear bun right about then. Not sure about the front though..
I've got a fine cowhide suit, doesn't match the Duc at all, though. It will be quite the patriotic ensemble, however.

Frame sliders and a back protector do need to get further up the list.
-------------------------------------------------------
Dennis, we might be able to swing a Greyhound ticket. How's that? ;D ;D J/K

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
ROTFLMAO. [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Herb, you are one sick puppy. But kinda in a good way.

R

·
0 Posts
Hey,
If 20 people go, the ticket would be like $20 a person for a full CD. And being that I will be there to shoot only the DML members, the CD's would have like 50-100 shots of each rider on it. It would be $20 well spent.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Dennis,

No disrespect intended by my kidding around.

I've seen a small sample of your work, and it's really great stuff.
We'd love to have you out to shoot pics, and I hope that we can gather 20 riders. Even if we only get 10 riders, which may be more realistic, it's still a great deal.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts