Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
TwIsTeD said:
I have one on my honda ct70,love it.I've been thinking of getting one for my s2r.
oo0o0o0o0o0
you sir are a genious!
i hope it fits my 90

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
saw that....after I posted....spoke too soon...and then didn't bother to go back in and modify my previous entry....anyways...still wondering...because I have seen units in the past that go in place of the oil switch leaving the oil filler cap alone...that would be more of what I am interested in getting since my 98 Track Monster(and occasional fill in for street duty) has no cluster and I'd rather look down to keep an eye that way.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
zooom said:
saw that....after I posted....spoke too soon...and then didn't bother to go back in and modify my previous entry....anyways...still wondering...because I have seen units in the past that go in place of the oil switch leaving the oil filler cap alone...that would be more of what I am interested in getting since my 98 Track Monster(and occasional fill in for street duty) has no cluster and I'd rather look down to keep an eye that way.
you can use a universal unit and just make the necessary adapter for the hole if you're looking for a pressure gauge in that location

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
zooom said:
I thought these units went in place of the wired switch above the filler cap???....either way....I'd be curious as to where to locate one also!!!
the wired switch is for the red light on your cluster. It signals your ecm hat you have oil pressure. The guage they are talking about replaces the oil fill cap/plug. I think it's just cool having another guage to refer to. Mine has a digital temp readout, but you can't rely on these new clusters from what I've read on this site.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
MichMonsterS4 said:
the wired switch is for the red light on your cluster. It signals your ecm hat you have oil pressure. The guage they are talking about replaces the oil fill cap/plug. I think it's just cool having another guage to refer to. Mine has a digital temp readout, but you can't rely on these new clusters from what I've read on this site.
that would be fine and dandy if I had a Fuel Injected bike with a cluster.....the bike I am aiming at this for is a 98 Carburated 900 with no cluster currently and will only have a speedo head on it when I am done making it street legal....most of its duty is as a track bike!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts