Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't we create some kind of a DML support/tech/road crew registry? Members can offer to help other DML-ers when they're on the road. We can indicate what facilities, transportation, tools etc we have, and what area we can help within. Then, if one of the members is on a road trip and has a problem, they can find out who is closest and possibly get some help. For example, I might list the following:

Home City: Farmington, NM (4-Corners Area)
Area willing to help within: 150 mile radius from home city
Transport: Truck and trailer with loading ramp and tie-downs
Tools: Almost anything you could need including jacks and stands, lubricants, etc
Garage: Yes (with refrigerator!)
Accommodations: Can't offer a room at this time, but can supply trans. to a hotel
Nearest Duc shop: 200 miles

So, whadya think? Is this do-able? Is it a good idea, bad idea, other?

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
great idea.... but I think there was a thread, with a frapper map link, some time back.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I remember the map link. I didn't have much luck getting it to work. I'm thinking of a permanent place on the DML that folks can reference at any time, perhaps broken-down by state or area.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
maybe that information could be added to the bikes of the dml thread.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I remembered the map, but not the rest of the thread. It appears this thread is not an original idea, but still something we should look at.

The last post was over a year ago, so if you didn't know the thread existed (or if you had forgotten the purpose, like i had) then your not going to get the help you need.

The map feature is great, but we still need a permanent home on the DML for a true registry.

·
Premium Member
6,726 Posts
Count Desmo said:
OK, I remembered the map, but not the rest of the thread. It appears this thread is not an original idea, but still something we should look at.

The last post was over a year ago, so if you didn't know the thread existed (or if you had forgotten the purpose, like i had) then your not going to get the help you need.

The map feature is great, but we still need a permanent home on the DML for a true registry.

yup [thumbsup]

·
Banned
412 Posts
Count Desmo said:
Yeah, I remember the map link. I didn't have much luck getting it to work. I'm thinking of a permanent place on the DML that folks can reference at any time, perhaps broken-down by state or area.
I think I know where you are going with this... Something like a link in the left hand column of the page, with a listing of states, and the members in that state that are willing to help.

Seems like a fairly simple idea, just need to find someone to organize it and keep it up to date.

PM some mods, and let em know what you are thinking.

The frapper thing was a good idea, but like you said, it's lost in the pages. A permanent location with a link on the left would make things much easier for someone in need of help.

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
I'm available for pretty much anything in the Asheville, NC area (no sex).

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
I'm available for pretty much anything in the Albany,NY area (sex).

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Millertime said:
I think I know where you are going with this... Something like a link in the left hand column of the page, with a listing of states, and the members in that state that are willing to help.

Seems like a fairly simple idea, just need to find someone to organize it and keep it up to date.

The frapper thing was a good idea, but like you said, it's lost in the pages. A permanent location with a link on the left would make things much easier for someone in need of help.
Exactly! I'll PM MH and see what he thinks.

·
Banned
412 Posts
I'll be adding my name and info to the list when it happens....

why not, doubt I would have to help anyone where I'm at, who the hell would ride thru Fargo, ND.

Although, this could be a good way to look people up for drinks when traveling w/o the bike! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Great idea. I'll sign up.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Millertime said:

Slowpoke is already doing this in the CAM section. Maybe the best way is to attach a link at the top of each area / club section with the information you are looking for...?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts