Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so impressed with my DML plate relocater, and the other products offered, what are the chances of a black clutch cover similar to the stock but with the DML logo engraved? That'd be a pretty hot seller, don't ya think?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Jeff used PauliMoto for the inspection plate. PM made my clutch cover and that seems very solid as well.

I think PauliMoto could develop a good design for a DML clutch cover.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really think this would be a hot seller. Is there anything we can do to move on this? Would a minimum guaranteed buyer number make it possible? Let do it!

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
Re: DML logo'd clutch cover with pics

Check out a quick CAD model I made.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
What are the original colors?

mitt

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
some photo render for you.

mitt

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
unless you plan on EDM-ing that pattern, there are some
pretty sharp internal corners that are gonna be a
problem for conventional machining.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
unless you plan on EDM-ing that pattern, there are some
pretty sharp internal corners that are gonna be a
problem for conventional machining.
Details, details. Things like that can be dealt with if it gets more serious. EDM probably would not be the best for this part.

mitt

·
Registered
236 Posts
Actually, if money isn't an object, then wire EDM would be just fine...

But you probably knew that. I just wanted to get my 100th posting. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would buy one if it was to become reality. But how long would it take to get a production cycle going?

S

·
0 Posts
i dig the look but if it costs too much to machine it this way, maybe etch the logo into a cover? not unlike how the crank-cover was done?

D

·
0 Posts
i dig the look but if it costs too much to machine it this way, maybe etch the logo into a cover? not unlike how the crank-cover was done?
no no no, its gotta be open clutch cover.

·
Registered
4,533 Posts
I am envisioning 2 models.
1. The etched for the wet clutch / safety minded / noise avoiding / or budget minded (if there are any) for $XX.XX

2. An open cover, with same design as etched just completely removed material + side holes for the dry / noise seeking / non-safety concerned people for $XX.XX + $YY.YY (the YY.YY beging the added cost due to a lot of extra machining).

mitt

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think Mitt's two options are definitely worth exploring. Maybe some sort of poll/committment to come up with the bucks for a production run.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts