Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking to do a weekend of riding to Scranton, Saturday May 8th to NorthAmerica Warhorse open house , demos, the Star boys stunt riders and then

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Re: East Coast DML Track day

Cool! You'll love it. It's not a race, so just work into it as you learn the track and you'll be zooming in no time.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts

When is this going to happen?

R

·
0 Posts
Re: East Coast DML Track day  May 8,9th.

Its thew weekend of the 8th and 9th of May. North American Warhorse is having an open house. They will have the Starboyz performing. Its a good show and draws a huge crowd. If its anything like last year, they will have demo rides and food. Last year like 5000 people showed. It was awsome. We spoke a little about meeting in Allentown PA Saturday morning and doing a back roads ride to Scranton. This was talked about for PA people coming from Mid PA and Phili area. We can stretch that ride to over 100 miles on the back roads and end at Warhorse with a show and food.
Then on Sunday we head to Pocono for a Team Pro Motion Track day. I will take the orders. Once I have a firm list I will talk to TPM and get a price per person. The more we get, the less it will be per person. But I would say it will be around $150 or less. I will talk to Glen or Linda this week.
Nobody has to do both. But it would be a fun and full weekend. I will be doing both and Photographing the event. Anyone from DML who goes, will get a free Picture CD from Race Day Photo(the people I register). A $70 value.
Come for either day or both. It will be a great time. For people staying over, I suggest you room in Wilkes Barre. It is between Scranton and Pocono and has all the main chain food places. We can even work out a nice group dinner Saturday night. Its only 20 miles fom the track. The hotels are cheaper in Wilkes Barre then the places near the track too.
I think this will make for an excellent time and who know, becaome and anual event. Its a great location. The same distance for the New Yorkers and Phili people. There is no reason we should not get a big crowd.
Herb, don't book and charters. This looks like it will be a firm date.

·
Registered
403 Posts

Sounds like fun.
Is it ok to bring non monster owners?
My buddy would probably love to show off his MV.
How can I find more information.

Gator

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Ok everyone, I'm in and my husband too, if thats okay. Dennis, sign me up! ;D
May 8th~ Warhorse openhouse
May 9th~ Track day at the Pocono East

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Just FYI~~~~~ May 9th is Mothers Day,, makes no difference to me but to some it might! :-/

H

·
0 Posts

I see I have received a personalized invitation. If that be the case, I guess I'll have to keep my schedule open for that weekend. Hmmm, Mothers day, huh... Have to work on that one.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
M

·
0 Posts

What type of gear is required?

Full leathers, ect...

murry

R

·
0 Posts

Herb,
It would not be an EAST Coast DML gathering with out you.

As for gear, full leathers are a must. If you are going to need to rent leathers from TPM, you will need to contact them directly. 2 piece suits must have a full circumferance zipper, not just a shorty across the back.
You will also need boots, gloves and a full face helmet that will pass tech. http://www.teampromotion.com for further details on track day rules.
Since this is more then just a track day weekend. Maybe we should change the subject line of this string to "DML East Ride weekend and Track Day". It seems we will attract all kinds for this weekend. SOme will enjoy the ride and Starboyz. Other will lose their minds over the track. All will have a good time.

H

·
0 Posts
Re:  DML East ride weekend and Track day

Dennis, so far it looks me* and 02750s for sure, and if non-duc riders are welcome, I may be able to round up some more.

* as long as I'm not forced into a charter...

·
Registered
21 Posts

sounds like this is going to be a blast. if herb can break away for the weekend i see no reason y i wouldnt be there. this is going to be fun.

R

·
0 Posts

Cool
I think we will get more people as we get closer to the date. But we will have to collect the track fee by April first or sooner. I need to get a price based on a number before asking for money. When we have 10 semi firm people, I will get the price. If we get to 20 people it will bring the price down further. But maybe we will put the money towards food. They do not serve at Pocono. With a little extra we can get food catered or at least Pizza's. Or we can give some cash back.

R

·
0 Posts

I would be able to meet in Allentown, PA on Saturday morning bringing a few rider's as well. Please count me "in" for May 8th. I look forward to meeting people from this board.

RossoDuc/Rich

·
Registered
206 Posts

grrr...same weekend as myrtle beach bike week....already booked the beach house and reserved space on my friend's trailer...and mom would be pissed if i don't show up on mother's day.

feh - hopefully there will be another one later in the season.

nothing interesting happens all winter, then bam! all the fun stuff hits on the same weekend,
steve

·
Registered
403 Posts

Why is it when I get excited about something I always get let down.

Mothers day effing weekend, jeezuz effing eff word.

Last year I went on a 9 day trip to Nova Scotia and left the day before mothers day and I swore to my wife I would not leave her alone again on mothers day.

I figure on fathers day i do what I want (and that aint hanging with the kids) so I should do the same with her.

But I will come up for Saturday. ;D

R

·
0 Posts

Gator,
I have an '01 FZ1 too ;D. Do you live in New Jersey?

RussoDuc

·
Registered
403 Posts

Rosso I live in Delawhere.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts