Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I know its freezing here on the east coast. But this is a good time to start the wheels turning for an East Coast track day. I attend all the track days, so I am nuetral in what track we do. But if you want my opinion, VIR is the best track on the east coast. Its smooth and interesting. And a load of fun.
But realistically I figure Pocono would be the best for the a Northeast day. Centrally located between NYC and Phili, and 4 hours from DC. It would get the highest volume. And we could organize a day ride thru the Pocono's and NY State the day before or after. We could also do something cool like at that at VIR. And spend the day before or after riding the Blue Ridge Mountains.
I am just curious if anyone is interested from the east coast. If so I will make the arrangements and get a group discount. I think it would be cool.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've never been to a track day but have been seriously looking to to going to one. I keep hearing about all the west coast days and it has really peaked my interest. So i'm up for an east coast track day. Count me in (work schedual pending, of course).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Beaverun would be good for me. The local club is also planning a couple at Cauga, in Southern Ontario. Only a couple hours from Buffalo. Very reasonable(Canadian exchange, eh?), just in case any oof you are from the area.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Redline and I signed up fro wheelie school on 4/6. Woo Hoo!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was picking tracks that I have connections with. Team Pro Motion and I work very close and I would not have problems getting us a deal. Unfortunately TPM does not go to Mid Ohio. But they do go to Nelson's Ledges. If anyone has conections with any clibs that go to Mid Ohio, I would go.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Carolina Motorsports at Kershaw would be the only one I could consider based on time/distance. It would be the closest and best draw for all us down here in Florida.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have nothing against organizing multiple days. I will see if we can get a deal for all the days we need spread across multiple tracks.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Dennis,
I voted for Pocono because its closest to me but Summit, and Beaver Run would be fine. I have never been to either one.
GT

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've never been on a track, but I would jump at the chance. count me in. VIR is the closest for me, but this begger won't be a chooser.

·
Registered
856 Posts
My preference would be for the Poconos it's a few hours from all major cities in the NE and Mid-Atlantic. Man, I could really use a day or two in the hills of PA and NY, could someone also give me some details on a "track day" what it is? who rides? what do I need? etc.

Thanks,

Darrell

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think this could happen. A Pocono day definately. And a second day at CMP or VIR. Looks like people are leading to CMP.
Summit is a real cool place to ride, but its also very slippery. I think Pocono would be a better place to do a first track day. Even if it rains, Pocono in the rain has great traction. I think Pocono has the best bad weather traction out of all these tracks.
My first track day of the year this season is going to be at CMP Feb 28th and 29th. Who wants to go? I think they are offering a Special. http://www.teampromotion.com/tpm.php?page_id=members If we have a small group, I think I get us this offer extended to non members. It would be like $200 for 2 track days.
Pocono dates don't start until April, we have a lot of time to plan for that.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Dennis,
Let me know next time you're at Summit; it's an hour from my house....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I figure we would pick a track first. Then this weekend I am meeting with Team Pro Motion for a party and see what kind of deal we can get. If we have 10 or more people we can get a deal and probably loose the non member fees. Bringing the fee per person between $135 and $140. The only thing I am not sure about is if there is a fee for first time track riders. Because all of them will be sitting in a half day class. But this class will be held between sessions. So you still ride all day and learn a lot.
Ok anyone who is thinking about going to Pocono or CMP, please send me an e mail to [email protected] Please put which track you are interested in, your track experience and name. I want to get and idea how many first time track riders we will have. And how many people. It would be great to have some sort of list by the weekend.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How "Newbie friendly" are these events? Just wondering. I'm really getting the itch to try this but I don't want to show up and get shunned because I don't have any track expirience at all. Everyone here on the list has been great, I was hoping a tackday would be similar.

Also, would it be worth reading a book on track skills? Or is it just something you have to go do rather than look at pictures? I figure at the least it would give me a better understanding of what is going on.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts