Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...i know i know this may sound dumb, but is there anything under the stock crankshft cover?

I just got a black DML Crankshaft cover

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
I think there is an o-ring that you have to put on the back of the new cover, should come right off the old piece. I haven't installed my new one yet though, so somone else may want to confirm this...

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
There is an O ring that you'll need to reuse, and when I removed the OEM cover on my '97 M900, no oil came out--there was just a slight film of oil on the inner surface. If the two fasteners have been there for awhile, you may want to use an impact driver to facilitate their removal.

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info :p..O-ring huh?
Mine is black...thinking about painting it

The Italian colors:

RED
GREEN
WHITE

Ducati stripe and circle WHITE
DML squiggle RED
and the inside of the circle GREEN

I will leave the rest black.
So..think that will look sweet?

I guess i will put it on this weekend while I am installing the new K&N crankcase breather that I ordered.
Along with replacing the crankcase breather and removing the tubes and the "black collector" under my seat and plugging the hole that will be left in my airbox, I will be done with my emmisions removal....the charcoal canister is already gone and both intakes are plugged with 5 mm bolts.

So..I guess there will be a little oil when i swap the crankcase cover..hmmmm

Iv'e got the fever...Stand back...havn't had it this bad since I got my hands on a jeep a while back!

later

·
Registered
269 Posts
I put my silver one on a week ago and about 10 drops of oil ran down the case as soon as I loosened the old cover. It was just the oil trapped in the hole and no more flowed after the initial ooze. The cover goes on well above the "waterline" even with the bike on the kickstand.
The cover looks great and the logo is alot more visible than I thought. It really catches light and throws it around.
All in all a great 3 min. mod.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts