Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my bike from an out of state dealer and got it shipped to my doorstep. The closest Ducati dealer to me is about 250 miles. The 600 mile service is coming up quick. I'm very mechanically inclined and pretty confident I can perform what's needed in the 600 miles service, oil change, belt check, ect.

Does anyone know if performing the 600 mile service myself or taking it to a local motorcycle shop will void my warranty? I just can't seem to justify trailering my bike so far to have such a basic service performed.

By the way, its an 06 S2R.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
you can do your own services without voiding the warranty.

the 600mi. service is pretty easy. change the oil and filter, check the other fluids, adjust the chain, make sure the steering head bearing is fine, check belt tension (no need to replace, given that you've gone neither the milage, nor the time for it).

to ensure that the warranty is sound, you should save your reciepts.

. . .

i just re-read your post, and realized you probably know what needs to be done, and were just wondering if it was a warranty problem. uhm... consider the above a refresher, and go ahead with your servicing! [thumbsup]

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply. I'll go ahead and do my own service when the odometer strikes 600. By the way, the bike only has 250 miles, but I've only ridden it on 4 different occasions. It's just now beginning to feel like the engine is starting to come alive.

This is my first Ducati and my 4th street bike, but I'm starting to really feel what the passion is all about.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
A Dealer will have to adjust the belt tension.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Another part of the 600 service is to run over the fastners on the bike and make sure they are all tight to spec.. easy enough to do on your own. And not a bad idea to do now and then anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts