Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
unrazzo said:
Could this service be DIY? I talked to the dealer and they said they only change the oil/ filter and adjust the chain...any info to the contrary?
that's (usually) it. some dealers will adjust fuel trim or even do a throttle body sync. that is generally not the case, i think i just got lucky. ;D

G

·
My dealership also replenished/flushed the clutch fluid. Other then that, if you're mechanically able to do the afore mentioned I say go for it. Just make sure you document parts used so you have proof in case of a resale.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
When I had mine done all the dealer did was check the belts, make sure everything is tight, and change the oil. I was told by the dealer, the 6k service has to be done, if not it voids the warranty. But you can do all the rest of the services yourself and not void the warranty.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Mine checked/adjusted the valves, and gave it a quick fuel tune for my airfilter/open airbox/exhaust mods as well as the above.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
c_rex said:
Mine checked/adjusted the valves, and gave it a quick fuel tune for my airfilter/open airbox/exhaust mods as well as the above.
we're talking about the 600 mile service, not 6000 mile.

if your dealer checked (and adjusted) valves at 600, i'm impressed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.