Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my, I've seen the member ad for the S4RS and I am supposed to pick up my new 796 tomorrow!!! I have lost sleep all night wondering what to do? It's not too late to back out of my deal, so I am curious as to what some of you would do: buy the new 796 or the Tricolore for about the same price? I am not a super experienced rider and ride mostly around town, to work, etc., so I worry about the S4RS being "too much bike" for me or more maintenance. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
The S4RS won't be too much bike for you, but the 796 represents Ducati's latest technology. If you weren't getting a 796 with ABS though, and you like the looks of the S4RS, get the S4RS. I think it has fully adjustable front suspension, and that is a big plus.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The S4RS Tricolore is a lovely looking bike and very powerfull, but a lot of maintenance and way to much power for around town. The 796 would be better, but as I have said on another thread, the Monsters are not really town bikes. They need to keep moving to stay cool, and those underseat exhausts can really cook your butt if your stuck in traffic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. I went with the 796 and picked it up yesterday! Absolutely LOVE IT! Quick enough, nimble, fun, etc. everything a Monster should be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts