Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of ordering a new Digitek dashboard for my 2011 Monster 696 (don't ask, long story and a learning experience to say the least...)

Question for anyone here who has replaced theirs, is it possible to reprogram the dash so that the immobilizer is operational? In other words, when the dash arrives, is it "virgin" in the sense that no immobilizer code is associated with it?

I have the code card and keys from my previous dash and I am likely naively assuming that the code associated with the keys can be programmed into the new dash.

Additionally, is there anyone who can make the odometer correction, I've e-mailed SOS Diagnostics but have yet to get a response.

I've seen a posting regarding someone who replaced their dash on an 1100, but nothing specific with reference to the questions I am trying to get an answer for.

The dealer stated that I would have to order a lock set in addition to the dash, which of course runs over $500.00...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I am not 100% sure on this, but I believe the immobilizer code is within the ECU, not the instrument cluster. I have the Centurion software for my m1100 to be able to perform my own maintenance lamp resets etc...and I see the immobilizer code entry selection within the ECU programming software.

Again, don't qoute me on this as 100% but pretty sure the dash just receivces info from the ECU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
elgallo73, how did you make out with your dash change? I need to replace the gauge cluster on my 2012 Monster 1100 evo that I just purchased. Could use any help as I'm brand new to the ducati.

Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dash change worked out fine, I sent the old unit in and SOS Diagnostics reprogrammed the replacement unit with the proper immobilizer/key code. No issues and much cheaper than the dealer route. Turn around was about a week, as I recall...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the info. Do you recall what they charged you? Where'd you end up finding a used gauge set. I'm having some trouble finding one myself.

Cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my case, they had a used gauge, as I recall, the gauge and programming ran me around $600.00. Even if you had to order the Ducati part ($900.00?) and pay the $100.00 programming fee, you still come out ahead compared to the dealer solution...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi guys, I am looking for a replacemant dash for my 696 2008, but all I can find on salvage sites are units from newer 696 with ABS. So I have a few questions, hoping some of you guys can give me an advice.

1. If I buy a used dash from a newer 696 with ABS (mine doesn't have it), is it compatible with my ECU?

2. I am considering buying a new dash - in case I do buy it - does the new dash need programing by the Ducati dealer, or is it a simple plug - play (I have Termi's and a Termi ECU)

My dash was shattered in a crash, I can start the engine, but It cuts off after 10 seconds. The rest of the bike (ECU) is OK, I have read that the dashboard runs the fueling, so I guess that is why it cuts of...

Thanks for the reply's.

Luka

1 - 7 of 7 Posts