Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I know, there should be a law against anymore exhaust questions, but... This is a different kind of exhaust question...
I am hoping to actually come up with enough cash to get some soon and what I want to know is... What Brands of Exhausts should I NOT get... i.e. poor fit and finish, or other problems/complaints. Anybody have complaints about Termi's beside the price? I have read about Sils not fitting correctly but is it that Bad? What about Arrows? Gianelli? Blueflame? Micron? Any other brands? I have an S4, anybody have issues with fitment on S4's?

Any input would be appreciated...

G

·
i will talk about termignoni . i have a set of 45/50 header/exhaust in stainless steel/titanium they are a bit pircey but they come with a new ECU , so no worries about air/fuel mixtures . this setup would be my first choice . the other exhaust you might look at are the arrows and maybe the sils . i have a arrow slipon on my other bike so i like them also but the sils make a 50mm header/exhaust setup which i might like too try on a set . so in order of my choices

1) termignonis

2) arrows

3) sils

there you have it !

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the SIL low-mount megaphones and there was a minor fit problem. The mounting flange was welded on too far aft, so I had to file out the mounting hole on the flange to make it fit. Bit of bother, but not difficult.

Other than that, the rest of the quality seems good and they sound and look great.

-Don

G

·
i have a fbf forza ex on 2000 monster and the fit was just right and they sound nice. even the cops said so. i was told that fbf exhausts were made by sil. and i think that they are on sale as i just saw somwhere complete system for 725.00. i'll tryand find the site i visited yesterday and repost.

G

·
I've had four sets of Sils (748, 916 MS4, and M600). I've had no quality or fitmant issues at all. One thing I did notice is that the finish of each set was slightly different (depth and clarity of the clear coat) ??? However, I seem to be the exception as I've heard comments like D.'s made by several folks on this board.
That being said, I've heard similar comments about Arrow's fitmant. Arrow seemed to have a real problem about 1-2 years ago (maybe they've got it under control now).
I cant recall hearing anything bad about the Termignoni's (except the price)......I personaly just don't like the look. They all do sound good though! ;D ;D ;D

G

·
I have sil hi mounts.

Pros:
Shorter cans look killer
105db cans give a nice growl
apparent more power (on my bike)

Cons:
S pipe fit and finish seems to be hit or miss
Brand logos very uneven on cans (might be removable)
sil 105's are loud

G

·
Sil Moto High pipes:

There are several part numbers and variations of the high pipes. Some venders carry only one part number becuase they can be made to fit in a pinch--but if you want something to bolt on with little hassle, try to get the right pipe for your year and model.

Sil Moto does not make it any easier with their supply, but you can get the right pipe if you specify year.

Fitment with all brands can be a hit and miss because of the variations in the Bikes themselves. We use a lot of "non conventional tools" to get the exhaust systems to fit and often modify brackets.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a set of Arrow CX:Alumilites; low mount. The quality is outstanding and they fit perfect. And the sound is awsome!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Marving high mount carbon

Pros
Sound nice

Cons
Hardware used to mount to frame is bad
"S" pipe different colors left and right VERY noticable
Carbon is yellowing
No clear coat on the carbon?

·
Premium Member
6,906 Posts
From the exhaust survey done a while back, here were some brands people said they wouldn't buy again:

Marving - Carbon Fiber Nice fit and finish on the CANS....hack style mounting provided though.
DP Carbon Fiber - not as high as i like em.
D&D Carbon Fiber - Coated connectors rusted. repalacments were big money, poor customer service
Ferracci Stainless Steel - fit & finish not great
Two Brothers Carbon Fiber - loud bass

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have owned several Ducatis in the past (my S4R being my 5th) I have had Ferracci (pre-Sil manufactured) Two Bros, Staintune and Termignoni exhausts at different times.

The only two that I can say fit near perfectly have been Staintunes(unbelieveable quality) and Termignoni...the other two required a lot of bad words to make fit.

On that not...I hear that the new Ferracci stuff manufactured by Sil is nice. Ferracci just received a shipment of S4R full systems, they are claiming 124rwhp with airbox mod and power commander(I will wait for a FIM setup)...not too shabby!

Jeff

·
Registered
211 Posts
I got a set of Wiley Co.'s on my machine that I'm really happy with. I haven't seen too many people who sell them but I'd reccomend for sure.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you all VERY much!!!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
That was me with the comments on the Marvings. I can't say enough bad things about them. The "nice carbon" statemend I retract after putting some mileson them. Unless you mean yellow discolored carbon looks good...and only on ONE can.

THey suck

·
Registered
210 Posts
;D I just got a set of leo vinci high mount alum pipes. Fit and finish is outstanding and installation was a snap 8) Very pleased with them and I would highly reccomend them.

·
Registered
906 Posts
My Remus CF High, hit my turn signals and I had to make and install a one and one half inch bracket to clear them. I find this interesting in that the stock exhaust I removed from my 03, M800 was stamped Remus. After all is said and done they look and sound great.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts