Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am running out of aluminum and starting on the stainless with the stock pipes. I don't think it will be long until I wear through that layer too. I really like the low pipes but need more ground clearance. The rear has been raised, that helped for a while. Anybody running aftermarket low mounts and happy with the clearance.

I never gound anything with my old tires....I blame the Diablos.... ;D

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
I've never scraped anything, but my Ducati Performance (Gia.Ca.Moto) oval carbon cans (which are for sale, by the way) have about an inch more clearance than the stock pipes. They're slightly narrower then the original cans and the can itself starts an inch or two further back than the stock cans. They could be adjusted within the clamp to provide at least half an inch more clearance as well, but then they would be at an angle when viewed from the back.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A road around my house has this great stretch with many 10-20 MPH corners. This one section is a double apex decreasing radius up hill corner that I drag almost every time on the way home from work. I rarely drag anywhere else but with some track days coming up I feel I will need more lean. Most threads talk about going with the high mounts....Then my saddle bags will not fit. I know I am looking for the one size fits all but ....

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
low slip ons usually fit back far enough so that you will drag your pegs first......pegs are more fun to grind than cans......and safer...
I think it was MarkV who miracously recovered from a can upheaval on the road......so then you go for adjuatable rear sets and then header work(including moving your cans up more) and then an adjustable length shock and then you might not drag any more bits before hitting your elbows on a 2000 M900..... :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh just saw your new post....you would probably be okay with putting on low mounts for what you are doing..... on the track I am purty sure you will drag your pegs though if they are stock.......

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it was MarkV who miracously recovered from a can upheaval on the road..... :)
That was one of the threads I just read that got me thinking it was time...

What did you replace you stock rear set with to avoid grinding shifters and brake lever?

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
You might also consider checking that your sag is set properly. My bike raised up nearly an inch once I had that done. Separately, you can also raise the bike another half an inch or so by adjusting the rear ride height (are there some Monsters that can't do this?) and sliding the forks down an equal amount in the triple clamps.

You can move the things that drag or you can raise the bike to reduce the chance of them dragging.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have not checked the sag in a while, but I did raise the rear. That helped until I found the cans again. The one thing I have not done is mess with the rebound dampening. I am going to mess with that next. The rear may be getting beat down in the corners as another thread suggested. Thanks for the help and any more is appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts