Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the 750's are just about as powerful as the 620's with the 800's putting out quite a bit more than both of them....

Why would a Fuelie 620 put out as much as a 750? why is the 800 so much more than them both?

I'm wondering whats keeping my 750 from blowing a 620 away.

BTW.... 100 posts!!

G

·
If you look at the specs on the 620 (and in fact all the Monsters) you'll see that they all use the same throttle body size. This alone tells you that the 620, with all the same airbox dimensions, etc., is built to pull some high volume through its EFI system. Remember that one of the issues in racing is always throttle body restrictors, or restricting the size allowable in order to create an equal playing field among different bikes. Comparatively speaking, the 620 is tuned to a higher state than the 750. Or conversely, the 750 is perhaps undersized in its fuel delivery system. On the older carbed versions you could always swap out bigger FCR carbs and get a nice gain in HP. With all things being equal and stock, the 750 just doesn't have that much over the 620. But the 800 gets a nice boost in displacement and probably some engine management mods that let it make a bit more HP. If it's between the 620 and 750, go for the 620. If it's between the 620 and the 800, go for the 800. Better yet, go for the 1000 with the new DS motor!

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
I have a 750 as well and I saw a post that someone dyno'd there 620 and had 1 hp less than my dyno run. I couldn't believe it, but technology explains it all and the new technology of the 620 can out do the old of the 750. Hopefully the new FCR's will put me back up again. I just got the bike back together last night after over a week of working all day every day. Whew! Dyno run will be early next week.

-Patrick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts