Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the jet hot thread and saw pics of just the pipes being coated, but looking to see if anyone has pics of the cans being done. What paint and color options will work/are available.
Thinking bout doin some custom paint to trick out the bike and that may be in order if it works.

·
Premium Member
2,406 Posts
Re: Didn't somebody here paint their factory cans.

I painted my cans, or ceramic coated as it were.

I went to a local automotive supply store and looked at their engine coating stuff. There were at least a dozen choices to choose from. I went with a matte black on my yellow monster.

I was going to do yellow but it it didn't flow with the "lines" of the bike.

I was going to do something tricky with black and then the yellow Ducati monster logo or something. But I'm not very talented and didn't want to make a sloppy mess.

·
Registered
374 Posts

Here you go. I just used High temp paint. I will most likely do them again with the automotive HT paint later. They have many colors to choose from. I am even going to do my header pipes, a buddy of mine has done his and they look great.

However before painting, make sure you prepare the surface of the metal or the paint won't stick well. Make sure to clean it well and they take some red 3M scratch pad and scuff them really good. Clean again and paint away.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Very cool bros, thanx...anyone else have any pics of their cans painted? Strut yer stuff on this thread!

Hey Andrew what kinda rearsets are you using?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts