Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Poor Dave's been sniffing too many exhaust fumes or something. . . what an idiot! :eek: I've never quite figured out the NASCAR attraction (identical cars turning left all the time(?)), but it's no wonder the media goes wherever the money leads them. Bring back Two Wheel Tuesday! ;D

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
PI've never quite figured out the NASCAR attraction (identical cars turning left all the time(?)), but it's no wonder the media goes wherever the money leads them.
It's funny, I think NASCAR is boring as hell, but one of the few things that SpeedTV does right is show Speedway GP During the winter (identical motorcycles making left turns...)

It only has a little to do with the fact that Julia Bradbury is even hotter than Suzi Perry. ;)

--Fillmore

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
And motorcycle reviews!!!

I saw a huge "review" or paid endorsement for SPEED to butter up manufacturers models on TV, on the victory bike.

When Fox bought Speedvision and made it SPEED, it turned to crap. I guess we are "lucky" they were originally going to turn it into all NASCAR.

Now I must go jump in a bush and hide because if anyone in this state hears you complaining about nascar you might not have a mailbox, yard, or even a house when you get home from work :) Good ol' NC

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
Greg White showed that and a little more, I believe, last week. Despain is a motorcycle guy at heart, but he is a savvy professional and knows where the network's bread is buttered. I think he has been saving and polishing some of that diatribe for the season wrap up. As it should be, he got the last word in ;D

Personally, I think he's one of the best personalities in motorsports broadcasting (if not THE best) today. I love it when he gets to speak his mind.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Come on, tell us how you really feel... ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Two wheel tuesday is pretty cool on speedTV. But I'd trade hosts for Dave any day.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Ummm...can someone tell me who Dave is? He seems funny, but I'm not sure I get whatever channel he's on. I mean hell, my cable company doesn't offer Speed TV...that blows!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Reminds me a bit of Chris Economacki a bit don't ya think?? Oh wait, now I'm dating myself.
Hey Flynfink, if you really are dating yourself..........Hmmm is that leagal in your state? JUST KIDDIN. Actually i liked chris.

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
OK... I'm making a public statement (which will no doubt come back to haunt me when I run for Governor...):

- I couldn't even imagine about racing motorcycles.. my skills are somewhere between zilch and nada.. (I'm selling myself short, of course...)

- I'd get spanked in upper formula racing (cars).. but at least I'd keep the rubber side down.

- I could hold my own in sports car or GT racing.. not great.. but not dead-last.

- I could drive NASCAR with one arm tied behind my back.. and do OK.. because there's very little skill involved... there's no skill in fighting one's way through rush hour traffic.. which is what NASCAR is, except that they go in circles, and we go to work, school or home... besides.. what is "Stock" about those cars anyway??? it's the WWF, or WWE (not knocking the entertainment value if professional wrestling..) of motorosport.. it's a SHOW for the deprived masses... heh.. Locked differentials with different diameter wheels to make the cars turn left... try ordering THAT as an option on your front-drive, 4 cylinder, chevy!

OK.. got that off my chest.. feeling better. Thanks!

R

·
0 Posts
Hmm, I couldn't understand him, too many beeps. Maybe I will send him an email asking why he sold out to nascar. :p

M

·
0 Posts
Dave rocks! It was great to see it aired on two wheel Tuesday. Of course Speed Channel has to pander to the masses who pay their bills (NASCAR), so I guess we should feel lucky we get any air time at all for motorcycle sports. It's still great to hear Dave Despain telling all those who doubt his cred where to shove it. Dave is a class act who loves motorcycles and loves racing in all its forms. Yeah, NASCAR is the purest definition of lame, but just as we motorcyclists must embrace all motorcyclists (Harley, Japanese, European, whatever) so too must the racing community respect its varied forms. Just don't ask me to watch it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
email them and ask if wrestling gets popular (again), will they start covering that too?

i did about 2 years ago... weird..... i didnt get a response. :)

S

·
0 Posts
:D :D :D

LOL

I love it... That was awesome. I would have gone off too if I kept getting e-mail from a bunch of illiterate squids and had to substitute all the zees for esses.

From everything I have every seen Dave is a motorcyclist to the core and loves everything about motorcycling with all his being. Damn, the guy even did the old show with a broken arm.

You tell 'em Dave!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts