Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer gave me Champion RA4HC plugs for my 2000 Monster 750.. manual says RA6HC, and the plugs currently in are RA6HC.. are these plugs compatible or should I return them? They look basically the same.. but I suppose I should get the right ones.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,076 Posts
Get Chris's Dyna coils with wires, & make him throw in a pair of NGK plugs. You'll be a happy camper.

·
Registered
8,800 Posts
Plug wires for an S4 ???

My S4 has the 'coil-on-plug' configuration, the coil is like a long spark plug cap that goes into the plug hole. Wiring from the harness just plugs into the connector on the exposed end of the coil.

·
Registered
45,105 Posts
Champions seem to be the official Ducati replacement plug.
Yeah, well thats probably at least partly because the plug spanner that comes with the (poor excuse for a ) toolkit actually fits the Champions. The NGK's work fine (and are much easier to get here in Sydney) but you need to get a (from memory) 16mm tube spanner to keep under the seat...

Has anyone tried the irridium tipped plugs in a Monster? NGK have DPR8EAIX9s which ought to be straight replacements and at least in theory, last longer and resist oiling up better...

big

1 - 8 of 8 Posts