Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
BMiller said:
I may have missed the topic, but DAYUM!!! :eek:
LINK
Yeah, they pop-up on Ebay every once and a while. The only thing that bike needs is a full-faring; I don't know why a track-only, 30k superbike has a half-fairing. That's what the new 1098 should have looked like.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
To a mere mortal (read: middle middle class) like myself, wading that bike up at a trackday would make me sad. However, I can certainly appreciate it for what it is. Given the means, i'd love to have one.

I wonder if you can street legalize it? Fly it under the radar as a custom built cycle.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Iv'e seen it raced. It is an amazing bike, at Barber Mike Smith started in row 8 and was in second place at turn 1!!

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
Blueshark928 said:
I wonder if you can street legalize it? Fly it under the radar as a custom built cycle.
probably could be done. now, making it look good that way would be lots of time and money...

bet you'd be the only kid on your block with one. [cheeky]

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Minimum weight 145kg, at the end of the race, with a tolorence of 1%

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't understand why Ducati can't make these things straight from the factory.

Sure, you would probably have to loose all magnesium and carbon fiber components, and the suspension might have to be Showa to make it more affordable, but why can't the factory make something similar that comes in around ~320lbs. That would be another modern-era motorcycling revolution by Ducati 8)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Lukering said:
The only thing that bike needs is a full-faring; I don't know why a track-only, 30k superbike has a half-fairing.
Can't say for sure, but it's an air cooled motor. Maybe they decided against the full fairing in order to provide adequate cooling...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts