Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Which size did you use. They dont seem to have an option for 2014 M1200s on their battery finder. A problem I seem to having all over the place. Probably not too many of our bikes are needing batteries yet. Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I fitted the Shorai to my M1200 a few weeks ago. There's a good tutorial on YouTube, and it took about 30 mins tops.

I did two additional things in preparation that will save tons of time and avoid a lot of exasperation:

1. Drill the battery posts on the Shorai out to 1/4". This means you can use the standard Ducati post bolts. Believe me, you'll want to do this. Remember to use cutting oil or light machine oil when you're drilling.

2. Do the the Ducati post nuts what Shorai has done to theirs - cut a small amount of the adhesive foam and stick it to the underside of the nut so that it'll stay captive in the post.

Also, have a look at the images for the orientation of the buffer pads. Copy this configuration and all will be well.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Which size did you use. They dont seem to have an option for 2014 M1200s on their battery finder. A problem I seem to having all over the place. Probably not too many of our bikes are needing batteries yet. Thanks!
I'm using the WEX3R18-MF, I believe it's the only one that will fit, we need 18A for our M1200S. The quality is pretty good, I'm quite happy with the result.

http://www.wstandardusa.com/index.php/wex3r18-mf-110.html

:nerd

21 - 25 of 25 Posts