Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

diablo or diablo corsa

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  s2travis 
G
#1 ·
Just curious which tires to get. Seems like corsa is better in the dry but worse in the rain. Since I don't like riding in the rain I was thinking of going with the corsa tires.

Just wondering about mileage on these things. Anyone try them?

#3 ·
I have EVO corsas and replaced with Diablo non-corsas. In hindsight what I would do is go Corsa front and std rear. I got over 12K km on my Corsa front, the rear didn't make 6K km, not bad all in all. New Diablos are pretty good although I haven't really ridden much on them.

M

#5 ·
Have you had any tyres slide from either aggressive riding ? If not then the Diablo's will be fine or even a sport touring compound to be honest. Buy what you need not what your ego thinks you should have. There's a lot of people out there with the super duper compounds with chicken stripes (unused portions) running up either side of the tyre.

To further this point unless grip is an issue buy the tyre that gives the most confidence.

G
#6 ·
Bought the Diablos and took them straight to the track, Looooved them. The corsas are even more for the track according to the literature. I doubt you will be able to push the limits of the Diablo on the street and they will last longer. Just my .02

#7 ·
I had the Corsas on the track. Good, sticky tire that heated up fast. They seem to last longer than 208GPs on the street but trackdays will kill them fast (oddly enough, the 208s last longer on the track). They (the Diablos) also gave out from underneath me without warning and tossed me down a cliff. OK, I admit, I knew the rubber was getting hard so it was probably my fault and not the tire's but my M1s or 208s have never so completely let go so sudden and it's become a trust issue...

-R.

#8 ·
I've got about 800 miles on a set of Diablos, very happy with 'em.

I liked the stock Dragon Evo's too, no complaints with them either.

I've heard that the 'corsa' or race-compound tires are difficult to get/keep hot enough riding on the street, so they actually have_less_grip than the regular tires because they're cold, but then wear out faster because they're softer rubber.

G
#9 ·
cool, just ordered diablos front and back from discount tires.

My dealer wants 45 bux to put them on the rims. Sounds kind of expensive. especially since they only need to put them on. The old tires are already off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.