Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
KnightofNi II said:
that's pretty cool andy
i was thinking of strapping a camera onto the bike and hitting kelly dr at night one day.
were you holding that in your hand the whole time or was it ever on a mount?
He was holding it in his hand and for the low shots hanging off the bike and holding the camera down near the road! [clap]
Pretty cool to watch as I was right behind him.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KnightofNi II said:
that's pretty cool andy
i was thinking of strapping a camera onto the bike and hitting kelly dr at night one day.
were you holding that in your hand the whole time or was it ever on a mount?
Thanks Travis! Like Mike said, I was holding it in my hand. But we were moving pretty slow and going straight at the time, (check the speedo) so I got up the courage to try. I'm hoping to work up some kind of mount for next time. . .

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
HOLY C..P!!! the guy is crazy [laugh]

but GREAT JOB Andy, we're proud of you man [clap] [clap] [clap]

I bet tank bag comes handy ;D in the filmaker world [clap] [clap] [clap]

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
thats what im talkin bout!

its now andy "the motion boy" cam

[clap] [clap] [clap]

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Andycam's new name is 'The Producer'

Andy, every time you moved that camera around I swore (to myself) that you were about to crash... [cheeky]

andycam said:
I'm hoping to work up some kind of mount for next time. . .
It's called a pillion... [thumbsup]

And I enjoyed Mike's video of you filming the guys on that curve...

I recall Michael Moore (the Mod, not the slob) posted a video of a ride he took with a bunch of other DMlers (maybe about a year ago). Maybe he can share his experience?

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
Very cool video...that takes "brass ones" to do that one handed. Just what I needed...a video of what I missed... :'(

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Great video.....although watching it made me hate work 10 times more than I used to. I was stuck in here while you guys were out doing that. :'(

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
I have a video mount for My monster..... works pretty goof, but I have a short stem and a long one, with my fly screen I have to use the long one....has more vibration with it.

Andy, thats cool vid, I like it!!

You done VERY good one handed!! can't believe you did that!! [clap]

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the thanks, guys! ;D As a first, I'm pretty happy with it. The winter may prove to be a good developement/experimental period. Would love to hear your input too. The handheld stuff, while exciting was maybe more risk than necessary. . . :-\ It really was the only time we were going slow! The static stuff was fun on "GregMo's Curve", too. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I think motostrano.com sells a few decent camera mounts. One for the gas tank and one for the rear on the arm to mount in reverse or forward.

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts
KnightofNi II said:
Deb...does your mount attatch to the gas tank?

do you have any pics of it?
attaches to the bars....

·
Premium Member
4,093 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
KnightofNi II said:
...how big is the clamp? do you think it would fit on the frame tubes?
I bet it would [thumbsup]... when I took out my stock plastic barends (and before I did the tail chop) I stuck them in the frame tube ends under the beer tray and the inside diameter was the same. Granted the frame is thicker metal, but there is enough adjustability for the clamp since it says it fits 7/8" to 1-1/2"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts