Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, if any of you get a chance, pick this little gem up. It's a bit pricey at $45, but it's a great book and FULL of tons of rides here in Washington. I couldn't believe how many great roads we have here!!! Now I really can't wait to get out and ride this spring.

I just picked up the book yesterday at Eastside Motorsports, so haven't spent too much time with it, but it appears to be of very high quality and durable material, with a spiral bind perfect for tank bags!

It's also got a good rating system for all the roads, which details twistieness, engineering, pavement, etc. It also contains tons of information about local bars, cafes, bike shops, gas stations, etc. The writing is pretty darn good too. Every road has actaully be ridden by the authors, and you can tell.

There's a route that climbs up to the top of Mt St. Helens that I HAVE to ride after reading about it here. Scooby, you up for a ride? ;)

I'll see if I can find a website for this. If so, I'll post it up.

-dj

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks sputnik!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yep I was looking at that the last time I was there to .I just couldn't cough up the $45 for it but some of the rides looked very enticing.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, it was an impulse buy for sure. I figured it would pay for itself in that my wife will be more excited to go for rides with me if she knows where we're going. It gets her more involved than just riding pillion. ;) Hell, I told her she can pick the rides!

-dj

·
Registered
166 Posts
Dj does she have a bike also or is she riding shot gun . If she's riding shot gun we should defenatly get together for a ride this summer that way I won't feel as bad leaving the wife home or have to try and stay up with a bunch of single rider's if the wife want's to come along.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dj does she have a bike also or is she riding shot gun . If she's riding shot gun we should defenatly get together for a ride this summer that way I won't feel as bad leaving the wife home or have to try and stay up with a bunch of single rider's if the wife want's to come along.
Yep, she's riding shotgun. I'm working on getting her to take the basic MSF class so that we can get her a ride of her own in the future, but for now she's pretty happy riding with me. We definatly need to hook up this summer.

I'm thinking we should all meet up next weekend for that off-season get-together we were talking about. I'll post over on that thread to get the conversation going.

-dj

S

·
0 Posts
You will like that book, never the same route again... Add Huricane Ridge to that list too...Windy Ridge and Huricane ridge are a must do MID WEEK. You will pull your hair out on the weekends and holidays. Windy Ridge is a hell of a ride, I try to make that one an annual trip. [smiley=waytogo.gif]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts