Ducati Monster Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called DeSimone down in Cherry Hill and they are in their "winter" program mode now for the service department. What does this mean you ask? It means if you are within 50 miles, they will pick your bike up for service at no charge. Yahoo now I dont have to close my store for a day to ride down and wait for the service and ride back. They are doing this wednesday for me.

Thats all.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
My dealer will pick up the bike at your location within certain mileage also. They get slow enough to offer stuff like that in the off season.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
interesting. my gears are turning on how to make more revenue as a shop during these slower days. I'm thinking mobile emissions testing equipment so inspections, minor mechanical repairs and servicing can be done at the owners location. I'm thinking maybe an old UPS truck that you can pull the bike in and work on it there...
hmmm...

·
Premium Member
1,764 Posts
how about a 35ft RV w/ cappaccino maker in the back ;D

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
bighoss said:
how about a 35ft RV w/ cappaccino maker in the back ;D
....or alppaccino coffe maker? ;)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I saw a guy on TV who has a mobile tire-changing service... he's got a decked out box van/UPS style truck w/every tool imaginable & he makes a killing at it.

wish I could remember what the company name was

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
kenrok1 said:
I saw a guy on TV who has a mobile tire-changing service... he's got a decked out box van/UPS style truck w/every tool imaginable & he makes a killing at it.

wish I could remember what the company name was
Chris Moon with NESBA has a similar deal, he goes to all the track events and does minor repairs and a ton...and i mean a ton of tire sales and changes.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Indefatigable said:
I have long thought about doing something in the MC tire market. Reasonably priced tire changing and balancing. I think the dealers charge way too much for this even when you buy the tires from them. I know they have expenses and overhead but just look at the difference in the way auto shops work when it comes to tires.
i looked into that, but take a look at what it costs for the machine.
they start at $3500 to do moto tires and the balancers are equally expensive!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Good bunch of guys over at Disimone. Bought my bike there, great customer service. [thumbsup]

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Called to see how my bike was doing and all they could do was the service. Boo to the rain, they couldnt take it for a test ride to check anything. Said they would come in early to ride it around and warm it up so they could sync the throttle bodies and whatnot. Anything else I should ask for?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
HyperM3 said:
Called to see how my bike was doing and all they could do was the service. Boo to the rain, they couldnt take it for a test ride to check anything. Said they would come in early to ride it around and warm it up so they could sync the throttle bodies and whatnot. Anything else I should ask for?
....................suspension? if its adjustable ;)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
greg mo said:
....................suspension? if its adjustable ;)
Only the rear spring is adjustable in height. That Ill change when I get it back.

sodark said:
gas money
Ive been getting 50mpg with the bike. Of course, wanting to hear the sweet wail of the new exhaust should bring that down to about, um 15mpg.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
OK, so I get my bike back finally. Before I get it I get a call with the total. I was apparently working with a new guy (days old) in Ducati service. He didnt know that the first service on 07's were limited to what can be charged. Calls me back with a better total and Im a happy camper. Close the store and come home to find my neighbor inspecting the back of her car ::)

Turns out, she backed into his trailer. She said that she saw his truck but didnt see the HUGE WHITE TRAILER attached to the back of it. The driver from DeSimone and I got a chuckle out of it. This is one neighbor down from another one that came out of her car and told me she almost hit me when I was working on my bike (because I was 30 feet away and she needs that much room to back up). I will not go into any stereotypes about either of my neighbors.

All in all though I will from now on be loyal to DeSimone service and dealership. They have proven to me to be a step above all others. Joe in service (while new) was very professional and got me all the honest answers I needed without making anything up to make me satisfied.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts